• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

in ceiling speakers ?

s002wjh

any recommendation for in ceiling speaker purely for movie/game atmos. my understand is i need speaker with swivel mid/tweeter to point at listening position.
so looking at around $100-300 budget each seem only kilpsch 5800, and polk rc80 meet the budget, but couldn't really find much review about the two.
also if there are other good ceiling speakers for atmos, let me know

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
I have Polk 70-RT. They work well and sound fine for Atmos. I think I paid around $130 each on sale.

CHenry

DT slightly shallower mounting depth, 8 Ohm, DI has the very low profile grilles, slightly lower bass response (and slightly lower impedance). If you are shopping these, also look at the DI8R which has an 8-inch driver in a small-form-factor chassis and the low profile grille. I have been running those for 4+ years after replacing generic 6.5-inch ceiling speakers in my home system and they are a good (better) alternative to a 6.5 inch 2-way.

EdJ

I have the polk RC80, I like them, but I haven't tried others.

Top Bottom