• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I worship at the altar of imaging

Cosmik

Major Contributor

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
The Kiis/Beolabs offer the most sharply located imaging I have heard.
I can compare the Kiis here to PSI, Manger,and soon ATC.
The Kiis are designed to be virtual point sources it makes sense that they image well, with the Beolabs you can choose between the width of 'beam' it is simplicity to flick between options, narrow beam,high latency has the sharpest imaging and best SQ.
Keith
Yea, but is it more accurate or simply a minipulation?
Just kiddin ya, I think? :confused:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
An individual image of an instrument is more securely positioned and more tightly defined than any of my other loudspeakers, I am inclined to believe that the Kiis /Beolabs are correct.
Keith

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
H

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Uhsl8yh.png

The Kii have nice step response, but that off axis response, yikes! I wouldn't even be able to subject my maid's listening quarters to those in good conscience.

if I had a maid

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Uhsl8yh.png

The Kii have nice step response, but that off axis response, yikes! I wouldn't even be able to subject my maid's listening quarters to those in good conscience.

if I had a maid

They are a brave and commendable first step, with some great technology inside. They are not the second comming of Jesus Christ.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Uhsl8yh.png

if I had a maid
The Kiis use spare drivers to create a perfect polar response , ie all the sound comes out of the front, they and the Beolab 90s simply the most advanced and best sounding loudspeakers available.
if you really want to hear how your music should sound I suggest you listen to a pair.
Page 14/15 will explain how they work and what they are capable of.
http://www.bang-olufsen.com/~/media...eoLab-90/bang-olufsen-beolab90-whitepaper.pdf
Keith

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
The Kiis use spare drivers to create a perfect polar response , ie all the sound comes out of the front, they and the Beolab 90s simply the most advanced and best sounding loudspeakers available.
if you really want to hear how your music should sound I suggest you listen to a pair.
http://www.bang-olufsen.com/~/media...eoLab-90/bang-olufsen-beolab90-whitepaper.pdf
Keith
I don't think the guy who designed the kii three thinks they are the best sounding loudspeakers available... maybe 6spoons do tho:D

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I realise it must be difficult for you to understand exactly why the Kiis and Beolabs are completely unique, and that in time all loudspeakers will use this technology, they are a complete sea change.
The ability to place them anywhere in any room and enjoy perfect sound.
Keith

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I realise it must be difficult for you to understand exactly why the Kiis and Beolabs are completely unique, and that in time all loudspeakers will use this technology, they are a complete sea change.
The ability to place them anywhere in any room and enjoy perfect sound.
Keith
That just patronising Keith, it not difficult to understand how Intresting they are but I would make a distinction between the beolab and the kii three. You are lumping them together for marketing purposes but in reality the engineering of the beolab goes well beyond that of the kii three.

Your moronic comment about being able to place them anywhere in the room and enjoy perfect sound is exactly the kind of misleading rehtoric we like to avoid here. It's either a plain lie or its you that's finding things difficult to understand. Oh and what's perfect sound? To that end have a read of the beolab90 instructions Ray posted, you might learn something!

Now the designers of the beolab 90 may well believe they have made the best speaker of all time, of course it's not just a speaker Its a whole system more or less. However the kii three is a lot less than the beolab 90 in terms of engineering.

But it's a hifi salesman trick to link a expensive product to a less expensive product, they might share a philosophy but that's it. Or are you saying beolabs wasted millions developing the 90 as the kii three does it all for a lot lot less both in terms of R&D and consumer PP.

Let's seperate the kii three and beolab 90, stop making silly claims about them being the same and delivering 'perfect sound' in any environment and in any setup within that environment. It's simply not true. They will sound different in different listening rooms and in different locations within those listening rooms, they are more flexible and deal with room modes in a useful way...

Anyway I don't want to clog this thread up with you promoting your wares, you have a area for that. Keep the propaganda down there!

Please go and ask the designer of the kii three if he thinks he has made the best loudspeaker of all time and report back his answer:) by reputation he does not suffer fools gladly so be careful :D

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The Beolabs are bigger and more expensive ,they have more drivers and are able to create a polar plot over a wider frequency band, they use the same unique technology, they are the only two loudspeakers that do.
Delighted to answer any questions in the dealers section.
Keith

OP
H

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Keith

The Beoloabs do look special and are on my short list of speakers I am considering, it's nice that they included a detailed white paper. WRT to the Kii, the off axis performance can not entirely be corrected by DSP which might explain the measurements the German mag took.

Kii have not published horizontal or vertical polars (IMHO what information they do have on their site is audiophile loved pseudoscience), so for now the German mag's measurements stand.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The off axis is entirely created by DSP!
Exactly the same as the Beolabs.
Keith.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The off axis is entirely created by DSP!
Exactly the same as the Beolabs.
Keith.
It doesn't look good though. While they may be similar in some ways. The Kii and Beolab 90 are not the same type of speakers. It is a disservice to the Beolab 90 to bunch it with the Kii in this way.
I am beginning to think that off-axis response is much more important that I thought. I will open on the subject.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They are exactly the same type of speakers, they are unique in that they are the only two speakers creating a perfect polar plot, using the same technology .
When you listen to both speakers you hear the same taut bass the same incredible imaging and the complete lack of any bass overhang in the room.
Keith

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
They are exactly the same type of speakers, they are unique in that they are the only two speakers creating a perfect polar plot, using the same technology .
When you listen to both speakers you hear the same taut bass the same incredible imaging and the complete lack of any bass overhang in the room.
Keith
image.gif

Top Bottom