• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I have something similar bought for $32

rman9

Capture.PNG

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
What's interesting (to me at least) is that the product description from their U.S. distributor has some flowery language but isn't too crazy ...

The HB power strip PowerSlave is encased in black gold-flecked marble, and represents a revolutionary designed system of power distribution stations, each of which continuously generates an identical – and above all consistent – energy supply, meaning they service the low resistance outlets with no surges or drops in power. Innovative shielding materials separate the individual outlets from each other as well as from external sources of distortion.

... Every part affects the character of the whole

But the specs listing (other than the "Italian marble" part) basically describes a ~$50 surge suppressor! They don't seem to be trying too hard to convince people to drop almost $20k on this thing.

Product Specifications:
Housing:
Extreme heavy weight (40 lbs.) housing made from Italian marble. The material grants full noise reduction and elimination of any vibrations.

Receptacles:
8 places with custom made sockets, made in Germany with gold-plated contacts to improve transition resistance

IEC plug:
Custom made appliance plug, made in Germany with gold-plated solid contacts, copper alloy with 2-layer gold plating; anti-magnetic

Internal wiring:
Selected silver and copper for use as conductor in different material extreme construction
All contacts in brass or copper with gold plating for optimal transition resistance
Power supply to each single place separately. Natural noise damping material inside
Cable diameter for each place about 20 mm

Internal grounding:
About housing, no filter, no fuse!

DonR

Major Contributor
What's interesting (to me at least) is that the product description from their U.S. distributor has some flowery language but isn't too crazy ...

But the specs listing (other than the "Italian marble" part) basically describes a ~$50 surge suppressor! They don't seem to be trying too hard to convince people to drop almost $20k on this thing.

Product Specifications:
Housing:
Extreme heavy weight (40 lbs.) housing made from Italian marble. The material grants full noise reduction and elimination of any vibrations.

Receptacles:
8 places with custom made sockets, made in Germany with gold-plated contacts to improve transition resistance

IEC plug:
Custom made appliance plug, made in Germany with gold-plated solid contacts, copper alloy with 2-layer gold plating; anti-magnetic

Internal wiring:
Selected silver and copper for use as conductor in different material extreme construction
All contacts in brass or copper with gold plating for optimal transition resistance
Power supply to each single place separately. Natural noise damping material inside
Cable diameter for each place about 20 mm

Internal grounding:
About housing, no filter, no fuse!
I don't believe it has any transient suppression capabilities. Here is a look at the internals:

parts1_1.jpg

From this "review":

On a side note, for the longest time I've had a problem with image drift. Violin or woodwind soloists refused to stay put. (The rest of the stage was rock steady.) It didn't matter what gear I was using: when the soloist played in the midrange, he was dead center. As he moved up the scale, the image would start to veer left. The higher up he played, the further left he imaged. He would not stay put, regardless of what I tried. Eventually I stopped fussing and just accepted that was the way it was.

Case in point, the Prokofieff Violin Concerto, with Heifetz and Munch conducting the Boston Symphony Orchestra (RCA shaded dog, LSC-2314).

Finally, the Marble locked Heifetz in place. The violinist was close-up, obviously spot-miked, front and center, quite distinct from the orchestra. The orchestra was behind and on either side and encircled him in a hemisphere, and probably had one mike on each side, placed at a distance.

So apparently, it tames the infamous "wandering soloist" problem. BTW, the review lists it for sale at a bargain of $8995.​

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
So apparently, it tames the infamous "wandering soloist" problem. BTW, the review lists it for sale at a bargain of $8995.

We went to the Barbican when we lived in London to a Shostakovich concert. Part of the orchestra got up and did actually perform from an adjacent room.

Biggest load of rubbish I heard, until this review.

Maybe the review had a recording of that concert and didn't realize.

Katji

Major Contributor
^^^That was my next thought, that maybe we should look at it more objectively, like is it a good way to make money. Then you need sales figures for a start, so you could estimate how much work in marketing, how much expense would be needed.

Top Bottom