• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I could live with Bose speakers

TankTop

image.jpg

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Nah. Not me.

thomasjast

Lexus tends to use Mark Levinson in their cars, and the systems sound amazing.

Source: me.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
car audio systems, esp. the high end ones, use a lot of DSP

too bad there no DSP for after-market systems

alanca3

car audio systems, esp. the high end ones, use a lot of DSP

too bad there no DSP for after-market systems

The car audio DSP aftermarket is starting to grow. The MiniDSP 8x12 DL is a 8 in 12 out car audio DSP with Dirac Live built in. Dayton Audio, JL, Audiotec Fischer, and others now offer capable DSP units designed for automotive use.

smallricey

I usually like red convertible, but I saw the corvette red in person and it is pretty bad in my book.

Asinus

Lexus tends to use Mark Levinson in their cars, and the systems sound amazing.

Source: me.
Actually Lexus has exclusivity on Mark Levinson for automotive. Cadillac just got AKG exclusivity so Harman already has a foothold on GM which means there is a non-zero posibility that at some point other GM cars such as the 'vette get Harman brands.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Our Volvo XC90’s Bowers & Wilkins system sounds great.

Martin

Lonestar1027

Forum Donor
I put in a JL system in my truck and it has a full DSP system built into the amplifier. Using REW, you can really fine tune the results and have several profiles at the ready depending on where you want the stage to be. If I had to do it again, I would probably look at MiniDSP for their Dirac offerings and automated measurements.

Kouioui

Forum Donor
The Acura TLX/MLX PMC Edition red as used on the NSX is very nice! The standard ELS Studio 3D on the RDX A-Spec and Advance isn't bad either:

1596732524602.png

Last edited:
OP
T

TankTop

We just started getting our 2021 Tahoe’s and it’s the best sounding Bose system yet. Drops off fast below 40hz (ear test) but above that the bass is incredible for a factory system and I couldn’t get much distortion at painful listening volumes. GM has had active noise canceling in their vehicles for a couple years, I’m guessing that system is integrated into the radio and does DSP as well.
It also now does full wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto but streaming high res audio files via Bluetooth constantly drops out but USB is great.

Last edited:

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The speaker system in a Renault Zoë is also pretty good. At least good baas and an involving sound. Impressive for a small car :)

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
They did some pretty wild things with the LFA development.

I don't know why the highlight some interior trim bit and the steering wheel. Maybe not as sexy as the frame?
https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2...an-inside-report-chapter-2-in-the-clean-room/

Which also reminded me of this. :(
https://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/23/breaking-toyota-chief-test-driver-dies-lf-a-germany-ring/
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...c-life-of-toyotas-most-important-test-driver/
It sounds excellent.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
Nobody talks about it because there is almost nobody on the planet that can afford it. Those that can don't talk about it with those who can't afford it because to them, well, those who can't afford it are basically invisible to them. But they do talk amongst themselves so somebody is talking about this $400 000 car.

Top Bottom