• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to: stream from TV to streamer on audio system?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd like to transmit from my TV optical out to my audio system stream.

Option 1 run a long optical cable (wife will not like at all)
Option 2 get some sort of transmitter "RPI" (I have a RPI I'm not using)
Option 3 asking for suggestions on ASR

OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Should have mentioned. No Bluetooth on TV.

DanielT

Major Contributor
Fix a Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver? Option 2 which you mention may be a solution given the WAF. Depends on the quality of the sound. What requirements do you have?What MediumRare is also thinking about. :)

What do you have for TV? Brand / model?

What audio system do you have?

Last edited:

MCH

Major Contributor
I was told once that you can use a pi working as a logitech media server to "input" audio to your multi room system. This is something i also want to do but i never find the time/motivation....
You will need a hat with a toslink input. I believe hifiberry sells some

OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
HiFiberry does have a Digi+ I/O but they do not support the inputs. Seems weird but that is what they told me on their support forum.

LG 65UM6900PUA
Audio mostly Linn. Airport Express streamer I also have a RPI 4 and Allo Boss2 streamer but I'm selling that.

OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have found one thing that will work. Apple TV. I can broadcast AirPlay to Airport Express. Assuming the Apple TV box is delivering the content which it would be. I had hoped not to buy another Apple product or spend that much.

OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I seem to be answering my own question but I have found a free solution. My iPad. I can play my concert on the iPad digital output to DAC, screen mirror to TV. I'll test it this weekend ;)

Top Bottom