• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to serve local music to an eversolo dmp-a6

Totoro

I've been running squeezebox server to an ancient squeezebox touch since the mid 2000s, and am thinking about finally switching.

I have about 4k cds that I've ripped to flac.

I understand that I can put the music onto an SSD screwed into the bottom of the unit but was thinking I'd like to keep streaming my local music. I have an elderly laptop running Ubuntu and was wondering if running plex or vlc on that box would make sense.

How are you guys doing this?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been running squeezebox server to an ancient squeezebox touch since the mid 2000s, and am thinking about finally switching.

I have about 4k cds that I've ripped to flac.

I understand that I can put the music onto an SSD screwed into the bottom of the unit but was thinking I'd like to keep streaming my local music. I have an elderly laptop running Ubuntu and was wondering if running plex or vlc on that box would make sense.

How are you guys doing this?

Post #5 looks useful

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have all *.flac on a samba-share on a NAS that is accessible for the A6.

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Top Bottom