• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to fix static on iLoud Micro or any replacement suggestions?

cantdoart

I'm getting some white noise / static coming through the iLoud Micro. This is even happening when the volume is all the way down on them.

Out of curiosity, I tried a power conditioner, but still get the static.

It's very subtle, but enough to annoy me as a desktop speakers.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
That's with no signal cable connected or anything? Not much you can do about it then, it's likely to be inherent to the construction (e.g. power amplifier noise).

Looks like these are known to emanate some hiss. It's a bit of a contentious topic in the active monitor world (we've got a whole thread dedicated to this topic), and even Genelec have some issues with their little ones... I guess hiss is not down very much over their bigger models but typical listening distance sure is.

OP
C

cantdoart

Yeah, it also happens without any cables connected.

Ordering the SC203's, which are also active. Will let you know how those compare. At least those have a standby switch and all the controls are in the front.

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have the iloud micro. The static sound only comes for the first 30 seconds when it tried to connect to bluetooth, after that it goes away

OP
C

cantdoart

Holy crap. Got the SC203's. What an upgrade. No static either. Bass seems kind of weak, though. Not sure if that's the E30.

Also, the iLoud Micro static was definitely worse before the bluetooth mode disables after 30-40s, but never goes away after.

Last edited:

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Holy crap. Got the SC203's. What an upgrade. No static either. Bass seems kind of weak, though. Not sure if that's the E30.

Also, the iLoud Micro static was definitely worse before the bluetooth mode disables after 30-40s, but never goes away after.
I can only hear the static if i put my ear right next to the speaker. A foot it goes away

Last edited:

Rosenbloom

I just got my new iLoud micro monitors one hour ago. When I turned it on, the first thing I notice is the high pitch static noise from both speakers. The noise is annoying and I just cannot enjoy the music. It is so unfortunate. They can be wonderful small speakers if there is no such static noise.
I think I will return the speakers and ask for a full refund.

Top Bottom