• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to dismantle a speaker

Zeppelin

Hi, I have a project to convert a cheap pair of passive speakers into a cheap pair of active speakers through a cheap Aliexpress board stereo+bluetooth amplifier. The problem is I have to open the speakers to make the connections, but it doesnt seem to me there is a way to do it without destroying them. Also Don't know how I would have to glue the parts together again.

Here some photos of the speakers:

I thought maybe if with a screwdriver I make some pression on the corner of the round plastic connector, maybe I would be able to extract it and acces the cables important for me... but it didn't work:

So it seems to me my only option is to separate all the walls and then rejoin them. Can you please give me some advice to make it end well?

Thanks

EDIT:

It worked:

But still I need to be able to screw the board to the top interior of the speaker in order to be sure it will never drop.

By the way, is that condensor there doing the work as a frequency filter? The yellow cables go to the tweeter

Last edited:

rationaltime

Since you are playing with disposable speakers I guess you don't care
if you destroy them. Still, did you look in the grill mounting holes to
see if there is a screw head at the bottom?

OP
Z

Zeppelin

I would love to achieve to do everything without destroying them I want to give them as a present to a young friend of mine who has to learn the important of a stereo device, because as we know all young people (less than 22 years) use those mono bluetooth speakers.

The board:

It has those 4 little holes, which I will manage to use. If the front plate was wider I would have no problem, but that's not the case.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe shine some light though the back hole and see if you can find the mounting points of the woofer? That may give you a clue…

Or maybe the silver rim will come off if you put a spludger between it and the enclosure?

OP
Z

Zeppelin

Maybe shine some light though the back hole and see if you can find the mounting points of the woofer? That may give you a clue…

Or maybe the silver rim will come off if you put a spludger between it and the enclosure?
It happend!!

It also broke the silver circle, but well, I can fix it...

Now I can put my hand inside but still can't screw the board there. Maybe with one of those very small, round holding, screwdrivers. Maybe with a lot of silicone... The siliconed glue option seems the most practical. Could be a problem with heating if I cover almost completely the board with the siliconed glue?

The idea was to put the board's knobs on the top part of on of the sides, but as it seems it is not possible to dismantle the speaker completely, installing it at the bottom of one of the sides seems the best option.

Top Bottom