• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with fixing yamaha eph-100 IEMS

manuz

Hi everyone,
some months ago the wire of my Yamaha eph-100 started having issues and one of the two iems would not produce sound anymore. Then I searched over the internet and found a guide for making this specific model compatible with mmcx connectors and cable. To make something cool I decided to make shells from walnut wood, they turned out amazing, then put some mmcx connectors bought from aliexpress and I was almost ready to go with my new iems.
The problems came after soldering the parts together. One of the two monitors works perfectly fine, while the other driver looks dead. The driver is 6 mm in diameter so it's very small, I even tried resoldering, changing wires and all, but the part seems dead to me.
Does anyone know any way to get a replacement driver for my yamaha eph-100, or a pair of broken ones that I could use to replace parts and get done with my job?
Thanks in advance, pictures will be down below

Attachments

• Yamaha eph-100 1.jpg
    Yamaha eph-100 1.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Yamaha eph-100 2.jpg
    Yamaha eph-100 2.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom