• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Newbie, have a speaker box from a promotion want to “fix” it

Emaluzer

Hello all!! Im new m/44/ohio.
So my job received promotional bluetooth speaker boxes (yay!!)
But they are “slaves” and only work with a master box. Problem is they never got any master boxes so we have these useless units and cant return them.
I took one apart and im thinking of replacing the mainboard in it, with a different BT board that runs on a 5v -2a ac adapter (or different adapter if needed). I would like it to connect to a smart phone via BT and allow volume control thru the phone also. Prob is i cant seem to find a board that does that. So maybe im searching the wrong keywords. (Also dont want it expensive) as its just 1 10w speaker nothing special. Im attaching pics of the unit taken apart.
Board Requirements:
Bt capable
Battery/ac adapter capable
Power for led lights
Volume control from phone
Ability to link to other “modified speakers”. If this works i may do it to multiple units and have a wall of speakers

If anyone knows a board or what i would need to frankenstein/ fix this that would be much appreciated. If this isnt that place and there is another forum please let me know that as well

Attachments

• IMG_0908.jpeg
    IMG_0908.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0915.jpeg
    IMG_0915.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0916.jpeg
    IMG_0916.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0913.jpeg
    IMG_0913.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0914.jpeg
    IMG_0914.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0911.jpeg
    IMG_0911.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0910.jpeg
    IMG_0910.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0909.jpeg
    IMG_0909.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 57

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
Looks like the lettering on the BT chip has been removed? Too bad, it might be possible to reprogram it. In any case I would attempt to identify all the audio-related chips and see what they do. It may be possible to just remove the receiver daughterboard and replace that.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
There's about a million bluetooth+PAM8403 PCBs on Ali from a dollar or two and up, that will do the job. Some even come with an 18650 batt holder and micro USB charge circuitry on the PCB.

I've used them for fun little jobs. About 2WPC from 5V or a bit less on the Li ion batt.

This type of thing:

1697154627507.png

OP
E

Emaluzer

Looks like the lettering on the BT chip has been removed? Too bad, it might be possible to reprogram it. In any case I would attempt to identify all the audio-related chips and see what they do. It may be possible to just remove the receiver daughterboard and replace that.

Im attaching a pic of what i think is the BT chip:
HYK-230-Rx-v2.0
Do you think its reprogramable? If not can i buy just a chip and solder it on??

Attachments

• IMG_0951.png
    IMG_0951.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
OP
E

Emaluzer

There's about a million bluetooth+PAM8403 PCBs on Ali from a dollar or two and up, that will do the job. Some even come with an 18650 batt holder and micro USB charge circuitry on the PCB.

I've used them for fun little jobs. About 2WPC from 5V or a bit less on the Li ion batt.

This type of thing:

View attachment 318396
Thank you! I look on aliexpress and there are so many! But i kinda want one that can also power the LEDs id
Like to either wire it to the current PCB or just replace that original board completely.
The ones i see have volume control knobs do u know if the volume also can be controlled by the phone instead?
I tried googling and very little information on these boards

Top Bottom