• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to best connect the Nubert NuPro A-200 (powered speakers)?

Hi guys,

after enjoying music with my beloved headphones the past years as a "budget" solution during University, yesterday I bought some Nubert NuPro A-200, which are powered speakers from the German manufacterer Nubert from Schwäbisch Gmünd, which is very near to where I grew up. I got them mainly because I am more and more missing to "feel" the music and for the price they are a great desktop solution (with additional stands of course).

However, knowing I don´t necessarily need to connect them to an external DAC/Pre-AMP I was asking myself whether there would be any benefit from doing so. Therefore, my first question is, whether there actually are beneftis (unfortunately, I have no idea how good the quality the internal DAC is). And if there are any benefits to excpect due to the very good measurements of the D10S and L30 (measurable more transparency or same transparency but being able to adjust the volume via the L30 as preamp e.g.). How should I connect the D10S and L30 to the NuPro. Optical Out (D10S) -> Optical In (NuPro) and Line Out (L30) -> Line In (NuPro) or just Line Out (NuPro) -> Line In (NuPro), since the D10S is already connected to the L30.

Alternativley I could just connect the NuPro via USB to my PC (since I am not sure whether my mainboard has Optical Out). But than I am limited to "only" 16/48 which would be unfortunate, since I use Tidal Hifi.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I would try it with the usb. If then something makes you unhappy you can still rethink the decission.
Good case: You have more money
Worst case: You are in the same Situation like now but with more information.

So try it first. I think thats a recomandation i can give with a good consience.

OP
HeadphoneXHunter
I don´t think that I will be unhappy. However, since I already have all the equipment, I would like to know, how to set them up the best, regardless of costs, as there aren´t any additional costs.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I don´t think that I will be unhappy. However, since I already have all the equipment, I would like to know, how to set them up the best, regardless of costs, as there aren´t any additional costs.

I realy dont know. I would not care about the resampling, i dont think you can hear it. So using usb is shortest path. And iam a fan of shortest path, as long it works good. If it not works good, than maybe you have to bite into the sour apple an make the path longer.
Edit says:Not like to get into discussions if there is a difference between 16/48 or higher rates couse if they, they are so tiny that even the best experts cant tell them for 100percent. There are billions of influences that are much more importend.

Last edited:
OP
HeadphoneXHunter
Yeah it´s just as you say. I didn´t think I´d be able to tell a difference in the first place, but after 5 minutes of listening I indeed couldn´t tell one. So I´m just sticking with the USB connection. Vielen Dank auf jeden Fall! :)

Top Bottom