• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How long before the ShenzhenAudio boys take a crack at HT processors?

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor

I count I believe 39 inputs? That is absurd! Let alone 11 speaker surround for anything other than a dedicated HT room. In a normal living room, it will never fly. Unless you are single with no kids. A 5.2.2 could easily fit in so many more rooms. Just add plug and play (standardized connection like HDMI) and a Bluetooth type of connection for streaming in from all PCs and other devices like phones etc. that handles Surround Sound with Atmos. It can't be that hard. We have far too many really smart engineers who can do this if given the go ahead. Even if the receiver costs $1200 it would sell if super easy to use and set up. I am talking really easy to setup, so simple an 8 year old could do it.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Why are we discussing this on ASR? Doesn't this thread belong on AVSForum?

Well, you can only have so many threads talking about the variations in distortion of DACs. After about 500 threads, I think that conversation is burnt out.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Oh, I wanted to say out of the big players, I think Denon and Yamaha could do what I'm talking about if they wanted too.

snickers

Ofc they could, but the demand is not high enough.
The most people who don't wanna spend "a lot" of money prefer to buy one all in one device, like an AVR and that's it.
And the most people who wanna have a dedicated Pre-Pro System are willing to spend a little bit more money then the other group.

prerich

Pretty big. That's why they keep making new formats. No one's made an open source decoders for any of the "3D" height channel formats yet. Not sure about the "HD" formats.

If you're fine with 7.1 then an HTPC with a multichannel DAC will fulfill all your SINAD fantasies.
If not for Atmos/DTS-X....I'd still be running a HTPC as my only source/prepro directly to power amps.

JRS

Major Contributor
....Even if the receiver costs $1200 it would sell if super easy to use and set up. I am talking really easy to setup, so simple an 8 year old could do it.
So simple an 8 58 year old could do it.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I can't believe this thread, supposed reasonably smart folks on a Audio Science website bemoaning how hard it is to set up a 13+ channel audio system? Really?
And in the end, no matter how easy it is to set up, unless the customer has enough balls to stand up to the wife or whatever, they're never gonna let them upset the "family" room with all those speakers positioned in their proper places. It's always been the same way since the introduction of stereo.
Maybe someday in the distant future the engineers will design a cheap $100 soundbar using psycho-acoustics to sound exactly like a SOTA multich rig to every listener in a 10+ seating room. But for now it just ain't happening.
Till then if you want something really good, put on your big boy pants, stand up to the SO, do your homework and put in the time needed to do the job right.
Or hire someone like Madrona Digital to come in and do it for you. ;)

Top Bottom