• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Home amplifier recommendation

Fletch

Could you use your suggestion of " Wiim mini (review) + Schiit Modi (review) + Aiyima A07 (review). Total is $99+$129+$79 = $310." for multi room set up? like five or six zones with this set up? One would be a tv in the living room. Trying set up multi-room audio. Or just fold and get some older sonos:connect amps so I dont have to pay for the new ones. We do like using alexa in the kitchen. Also looking at the The Arylic A50+ Any help would be appreciated!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
...Trying set up multi-room audio. Or just fold and get some older sonos:connect amps so I dont have to pay for the new ones...
My main audio/music system is downstairs, in the living room.
His-n-hers desktops PCs and their mini audio/music systems are upstairs.
I use those Dante AoIP (AES-67) RJ45 network dongles to route various audio inputs (up and/or down) between these 3 networked systems.

AES-67 is good enough to provide ~16bit resolution via the internal LAN (<<requires ~10Mbps thruput on the network 24/7).
Once setup on the LAN, the software is robust enough that even when the network (or the inter-connectivity) is disturbed in any way; it seems to continue working without any intervention most times and recovers all by itself if there are AC MAINs power interruptions.
It has been in trouble-free continuous operation for over 19 months.
<< Not a fan of Sonos!:(