• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

high end dsp from creative but cheap, can pc item be used for home audio?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It will not matter what you tell him, he doesn’t listen or understand the basics .

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@bladest Creative fall and raised couple of times. Last time they went down Intel bought division that whose making it's property large area complex ADSP meshes. GPU's are more or less the same thing but with reduced functionality to what is relevant for graphics. Or at least it whose like that now you have separate GPU's with additional DSP processing blocks for data centres from leaders like Nv and of course duble precision FP operations (FP 64) are locked (by divider) on all consumer cards from beginning.
There are free and paid VST plugin's (of 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation), good and bad, simple and complex to the order of containing complete DAW in single plugin. Usually either players have embedded support (JRiver for example) or third party plugin that enable use of it (Winamp, Foobar2000) while most DAW have embedded support for such and traditionally on Windows all do Linux support is also maturing.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@bladest you need to start with basics. What's a Fixed frequency EQ, what's PEQ and basic high/low pass/self filters and learn how to use them.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

@bladest you need to start with basics. What's a Fixed frequency EQ, what's PEQ and basic high/low pass/self filters and learn how to use them.
i have no clue good auto solution is best for my case.

@bladest Creative fall and raised couple of times. Last time they went down Intel bought division that whose making it's property large area complex ADSP meshes. GPU's are more or less the same thing but with reduced functionality to what is relevant for graphics. Or at least it whose like that now you have separate GPU's with additional DSP processing blocks for data centres from leaders like Nv and of course duble precision FP operations (FP 64) are locked (by divider) on all consumer cards from beginning.
There are free and paid VST plugin's (of 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation), good and bad, simple and complex to the order of containing complete DAW in single plugin. Usually either players have embedded support (JRiver for example) or third party plugin that enable use of it (Winamp, Foobar2000) while most DAW have embedded support for such and traditionally on Windows all do Linux support is also maturing.

do these work with vlc?
i have old gpu from nvidia used
rtx 2080 ti? is it better than creative +intel

We are discussing what is available in your country. You show us what is available in your country.

i have all rotel current models + michi,.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Start with something handy and cheap and learn. For beginning try with your smartphone and Neutron player (evolution free version is fully functional for 7 days after which it gets annoying and stops the playback after 15 min or so but EQ is fully functional). It has both simple EQ and full PEQ with all filters and in graphical representation along with 64 bit FP engine. Cheapest way to learn.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Start with something handy and cheap and learn. For beginning try with your smartphone and Neutron player (evolution free version is fully functional for 7 days after which it gets annoying and stops the playback after 15 min or so but EQ is fully functional). It has both simple EQ and full PEQ with all filters and in graphical representation along with 64 bit FP engine. Cheapest way to learn.
i am not into thinkering with stuff,
i preffer to listen to music :)

all rotel perform badly in the sinad chart... and all of these are in the max of my budget.
they want to get my dollar bill $$.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
After you learn that (and by all means get acquainted good which will take some time) learn what room correction DSP software is and how to use it.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@bladest sorry but you will have to put at least some effort to it as there is no perfect system nor perfect environment so we have to apply corrections in order to minimise their flaws in order to improve our experience regarding listening to music.
Good night from me (it's 2:30 AM hire).

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Adding links to the Rotel gear that you found in Bulgaria.

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
i am not into thinkering with stuff,
Then you absolutely do NOT want a DSP, at all.

A DSP is a tool for tinkering with the sound of your music. You do NOT plug it in and leave it alone.

Seriously, give up on this. You do NOT need a DSP based on how you have responded to suggestions here.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome @bladest ..

Could you tell us what you want to accomplish? From there we may able to guide you.
Just so that you know, you and most people on this planet named Earth, may not be able to distinguish between an amp with SINAD of 75 to another with a 120 SINAD ...
So.... Keep this in perspective and ...
Let's hope you are also seriously asking the questions... We've been trolled before. We (I?) have come to be a bit suspicious...

Peace

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
This is a DAC. It does not do any DSP.
To be fair it does mention DSP as one of its selling points.

E7516A70-0541-4223-B61A-9EA77676F41D.jpeg

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Welcome @bladest ..

Could you tell us what you want to accomplish? From there we may able to guide you.
Just so that you know, you and most people on this planet named Earth, may not be able to distinguish between an amp with SINAD of 75 to another with a 120 SINAD ...
So.... Keep this in perspective and ...
Let's hope you are also seriously asking the questions... We've been trolled before. We (I?) have come to be a bit suspicious...

Peace
Hello
i dont troll i also posted pics + videos... in some of my topics i am real person not bot or troll i want to accomplish best possible sound quality from my small basement without investing in speaker stands etcs...
and i am not sure if i need dsp or not still,

Top Bottom