• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hifiman Edition xs (Defect driver)

Makafuni

So I just wanted to share my experience with this HP.

I got my XS 4 days ago. But sadly I've come to know about Hifimans infamous QC.
Left driver is 2-3 db lower than right, and channel correction can't compensate fully, theres is a lack of midbass even with channel correction. At first I thought it was the cable, but running a new balanced cable didn't correct this. Though it did improve the overall sound significantly. Don't settle with the stock cable it sounds so bad it's not even funny.
Its pretty frustrating, cuz they sound so good -for a defective HP that is ;)

I'll get back when I've been in contact with my local dealer.

Just wanted to let people know that QC apparently still is an issue with Hifiman.

OP
M

Makafuni

Check the other edition xs thread for fyrtøjet info, but problem solved. It turns out it was the cable after all
So apparently no qc issue with the phone itself.

Jhon B

Hello Friend! i'm having the same issue, except that the lower volume is in the right driver. What information do you got about this? you mentioned another thread, but I don't see it. How did you fix it? thanks so much

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Try a different cable or gear it is connected to.
Perhaps check the cable or have the cable checked.
If it happens the same on other gear and/or when using a different cable contact your dealer.

Jhon B

Thanks for the answer! everything has been a complete odyssey. I actually returned my amp initially 'cause I tought the problem was there... I'm ordering a new cable to see if it fixes the problem... I've seen so many people returning their cans for the same issue, tho...
I find the right driver to be less resolutive, and "compressed". it somehow gets better by adding 2 dB, but it def. affects the sound quality

zxcvb

Did new cable fix your issue? I'm having issue with my left driver - from time to time it will lose sound completely. To bring back sound I have to tap lower part of the left driver or cable connection few times. I tried few cables with same result, driver itself is definitely defective.

LarryRS

I've got the XS, as well as the Sundara. Haven't had any QC issues.

Top Bottom