• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hi, headphone buying advice

bonesy

Personally I think the LCD-2 Classics and the LCD-4 are the best of their entire lineup. (Yes those are their cheapest and most expensive models...) Everything else in in between sound weird to me.

The Clear's are a completely different kind of sound. Much brighter and more airy. These are also my favorite Focals. (The Utopias have practically no forward projection and just give me headaches...)

Your 660s are kind of in the middle of the Audezes and Focals. If you want solid bass impact and with clean and inoffensive mids and treble go with the Classics. If you want a better sense of clarity and more open soundstage go with the Clears.

For this upgrade I wanted "solid bass impact and with clean and inoffensive mids and trebles" so that was the clincher and they deliver that.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For this upgrade I wanted "solid bass impact and with clean and inoffensive mids and trebles" so that was the clincher and they deliver that.

Id say thats a fair one line summary of their sound . Glad you like. Side note - if you cant get on with the stock pads (I couldnt) , the Dekoni Elite velour are very comfy. Dont have that cold , clammy feel or quite as noticeable as stock.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Cool. Glad they worked out for you.

Top Bottom