• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with Marantz PM95 + Marantz LS95 (= Philips DFA1000 + Philips FB1000)

Marantz

Hi everyone,
hope some of you find time and interest to share you experience and thoughts on Marantz PM95 amplifier and Marantz LS95 speakers combination.
I bought the above 'combo' from separate owners this summer after 'decades' of being in love with it (well, more with Philips 'combo', but it didn't come along and Philips DFA1000 amp is only 120/110V version and I come from Europe) and after finally saving enough money to afford it.
I am about to finish building completely new crossovers for Marantz LS95 speakers from high end Jantzen parts (with original crossover point between upper woofer and bigger ribbon changed from 2200Hz to 1800Hz)... I got my LS95 speaker pair with preproduction crossover :(.
I would like to sqeeze the most out of these two (in terms of SQ).
Do you have any experience with them, any advice (?), I later plan to 'refresh' or maybe partially recap PM95 which already went for a quick check/repair...
Does maybe anyone have a PM95 (or Philips DFA1000) user/service manual to share?
Did you ever have these two and listen to them combined? Judging by the model numbers with Marantz (LS 95& PM 95) AND Philips (DFA 1000 & FB 1000), these speakers and amps were made for each other (?).
I would appreciate any answer of yours.

When building completely new crossover for LS95 I followed some DanDevin's 'quest' of crossover upgrade of Philips FB1000 (basically the same as Marantz LS95) here https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/philips-fb825-speakers.319625/ , however, was not able to get in contact with him for more details on his project.

Now to my PM95 amp. As I said, I already had it in repair (volume knob arrived broken/unscrewed when purchased) and quick ‘refresh’, but I think I will go for some sort of more serious check and probable recap, too. Any advice, thoughts, about this amp's 'refresh', upgrade, recap, ...would be priceless... Anything really needed of checking/upgrading?

Top Bottom