• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS50 and KC62 with a Marantz HD-AMP1

pcvasilis

Hello,

I try to find a way to connect the KEF speakers and the KC62 sub to the Marantz HD-AMP1 without to send all the spectrum of frequencies to the LS50s. I cannot do it (there isn't any option) through the specific amp.
I see that the only solution is to build 2 passive crossovers and to connect them before the speakers.
Can you help me to create the specifications for these crossovers?
Also, any suggestion about their quality materials that they should have, it would be very welcome!

Of course, if there is any other solution it will be great!

Bill

staticV3

Master Contributor
Your KC62 has a built-in high-pass filter:
Screenshot_20231121-104100_Drive.png

If you could get an external DAC like a JDS Atom DAC+ or Topping E30 or WiiM Pro, then you could do DAC->KC62->Marantz->LS50.

The sub would handle filtering out the bass for your mains.

OP
P

pcvasilis

I plan to buy an Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer.
However, in this case we will have solution only for the DAC connection. The AMP-HD1 has also other inputs that I use (a turntable, its relevant HD-CD1, etc).

staticV3

Master Contributor
I plan to buy an Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer.
However, in this case we will have solution only for the DAC connection. The AMP-HD1 has also other inputs that I use (a turntable, its relevant HD-CD1, etc).
You could buy a WiiM Pro or Pro Plus instead, plug your turntable into its Line input and your HD-CD1 into its Toslink input.

OP
P

pcvasilis

It's a solution!
I was thinking with the passive crossovers to be more "independent" and to keep the amp as the central point of sound process giving its quality materials. But you are correct.

Top Bottom