• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Marantz NR 1200

Mychef 1

Greetings, I'm new to the forum - need advise, my speakers are KEF R3 bookshelf SVS 1000 Pro connected with a Stereo receiver Marantz NR 1200 everything sounds okay and to my ears has a good soundstage, a friend of mine resonantly bought a Yamaha N-R 1000 A and he bought it over and we hooked to my speakers, did all the speaker calibration with YPAO. after all done I played Vivaldi's four season, I couldn't believe my ears, the soundstage, the clarity, room filing musical experience it was incredible. I told my buddy I'm gonna keep it. he laugh at me. any way I don't want to give up just yet, I'm thinking adding an amp like the Marantz MM7025 Stereo Power Amplifier, would this be an improved and perhaps give me similar results? before I buy it, I like anyone's thought or recommendations if possible. thank you and wishing everyone a happy Friday:).

OP
M

Mychef 1

Thank you - what you recommend? please advise, thanks

Grotti

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It should not be a question of power but most likely the digital room correction of the Yamaha, which makes the perceived difference. Add room correction if possible by adding something like MiniDsp (search for tested items in the review index) or sell the Marantz and get yourself a Yamaha or another device with DRC ( Denon AVR for instance).

Welcome aboard, by the way!

Beave

Major Contributor
I'm a little skeptical here. I'm betting the difference in sound was in large part due to different listening levels combined with sighted listening bias, ie, not comparing the two receivers at the same levels, not quick switching, and knowing that you were going to be listening to a much more expensive receiver.

Sure, there will be some differences due to YPAO, but I'm guessing those were secondary.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Seems you liked the room correction that your Marantz lacks....maybe something with Audyssey might be even better?

OP
M

Mychef 1

thank you all for your kind feedback - my wife things I should get a surround processor what are your thoughts on Denon AVR-X3800H or any recommendation? please advise

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The Denon 3800 gives you two choices of such REQ...Audyssey and Dirac (altho you need to buy a Dirac license to take advantage of the latter, altho there are also two apps you can buy for Audyssey for more detailed control).

OP
M

Mychef 1

Greetings and Happy Weekend, as I fell in love with the Yamaha N-R 1000 - the N-R 2000A came on sale and it was highly recommended with KEF R3 - have a look any feedback greatly appreciated - https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-R-N20...P4G4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1
Greetings, I'm new to the forum - need advise, my speakers are KEF R3 bookshelf SVS 1000 Pro connected with a Stereo receiver Marantz NR 1200 everything sounds okay and to my ears has a good soundstage, a friend of mine resonantly bought a Yamaha N-R 1000 A and he bought it over and we hooked to my speakers, did all the speaker calibration with YPAO. after all done I played Vivaldi's four season, I couldn't believe my ears, the soundstage, the clarity, room filing musical experience it was incredible. I told my buddy I'm gonna keep it. he laugh at me. any way I don't want to give up just yet, I'm thinking adding an amp like the Marantz MM7025 Stereo Power Amplifier, would this be an improved and perhaps give me similar results? before I buy it, I like anyone's thought or recommendations if possible. thank you and wishing everyone a happy Friday

Top Bottom