• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with Korg DS-DAC-100m and TIDAL!!!!

coolajami

Hi
I'm fairly new using a DAC for a desktop setup so this question may be trivial, but I really cannot get my head around the problem.

Recently I got a Korg DS-DAC-100m and I'm trying to use it to stream TIDAL to my speakers.I've set it up as instructed by the (outdated) instructions in the KORG site and the DAC works fine with any audio file that plays through the Audiogate player.

With desktop TIDAL Master Tracks (on Win10) there is a problem that drives me nuts. The DAC will play only the first track and then will stuck. It will not play the next track and I believe it has to do something with the changes of bitrates between the master tracks. Even if the next track is in the same bitrate with the first one, I would need to reset the sampling of the DAC to 48.8 (as per TIDAL instructions) through Audiogate in order the DAC to be able to play the next track and so on. Practically the DAC needs to be reseted after every track!Troubleshooting in their website is non-existent so I completely stuck.

I just have the feeling that I'm doing a trivial mistake somewhere in the setup but I cannot find where!!
Any help would highly appreciated!

Last edited:
Top Bottom