• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me set up a complete system (Revel M16, Fosi V3 amp, SVS 1000 Pro)

marX

So, I got these and currently using the Topping NX4 DSD. My initial aim was to get "chest-thumping bass" and I have since failed miserably even with REW calibration. To me, the bass seems like its too...soft?
I don't know what is wrong but do I need to get a new sub? BK Electronics subs are really cheap in the UK and I can get two of them for even response or a Single REL 1205 mk2.

Anyway, the real problem I have is to make it sort of a standalone system with either a TV (optical out) or a PC (USB or optical), I also want it to stream music without the TV or PC. So switchable between optical, USB and again a USB input for a media player. I have a Pi 4 and with Volumio and some other OS, I could not get the Spotify connect to play it properly (it cuts out after 3 seconds).

With REW, I got a custom eq made and how do I implement it? Do I have to get the miniDSP as it has USB and optical inputs?
Or is there any media player like Wiim that can implement PEQ and other filters?

Lots of questions and problems I know but any help would be great.
Thanks!

OP
M

marX

BTW, I returned the SVS SB 1000 Pro. Might try to audition the REL 1205 mk2.

Top Bottom