• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help me feel good about my MiniDSP DDRC-24

GimeDsp

So I bought this unit for my desktop set up. I am doing a lot of renovation and had to move my desktop into my bedroom and my speakers and desk are crammed into a corner and against a wall.

The miniDSP and dirac have done a good job of taming the boundary issues, I just don't know if it sounds as good as my old DAC, a sankrit 6th
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...c-review-s-m-s-l-mini-dac-sanskritt-6th.1728/

I read the other threads here and I didn't see a consensus about if the noise/distortion in this unit would be audible.
I am currently using the miniDSP with some not-so-great coaxial bookshelves(insignia) and a topping PA-3.

Last edited:
OP
GimeDsp

GimeDsp

BTW, I found that I got the best sound by letting Dirac fun full range but following the natural FR/trend of the speakers.

Limiting Dirac to lower frequencies only sounded really unnatural to me.
Forcing the speakers to meet the standand house curve also sounded bad
EDIT-I do have better desktop speakers but I sent one in do be tested :).
left speaker1.JPG

right speaker.JPG

tw99

What exactly are you worried about ? Whatever you're hearing, it unlikely to be noise or distortion from the minidsp box. Coming up with a DSP result you enjoy is pretty subjective, so just keep trying if you don't like it..

Top Bottom