• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HDMI/ARC Soundbar Question

My friend has a wall mounted TV we cannot easily access the back. She wants to add a soundbar. The HDMI comes out of the TV below and into a Samsung HDMI device of some kind (photo below). It has one port labeled ARC.

Without moving the TV, I see two potential solutions:
1. Get a Soundbar with HDMI In and Out, and just inline it with her source, like the Denon that has dual HDMI
2. If I understand this correctly I may be able to run an HDMI from the Samsung device from the ARC port to the HDMI in on a single HDMI sound bar?

I may be completely off here, so my apologies. Typically I would just run an optical digital but she doesn't want any cables visible.

Attachments

• Samaung.jpg
    Samaung.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 63

staticV3

Master Contributor
Yes. You can do e.g. Apple TV->HDMI->TV->HDMI->Soundbar via that ARC port.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is the TV Samsung because that device looks like a one connect box. If that is the case you can connect a soundbar to the ARC port and it will be all fine. Soundbar is a questionable choice though :)

OP
H
Is the TV Samsung because that device looks like a one connect box. If that is the case you can connect a soundbar to the ARC port and it will be all fine. Soundbar is a questionable choice though :)
Yes it is a Samsung TV that has ARC. I totally agree. I'd never get one I have a Yamaha 5.1 surround receiver and quality speaker myself. She is just more form over function and doesn't want any wires on the wall. I appreciate your help.

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes it is a Samsung TV that has ARC. I totally agree. I'd never get one I have a Yamaha 5.1 surround receiver and quality speaker myself. She is just more form over function and doesn't want any wires on the wall. I appreciate your help.
Yeah makes sense, if you don't know much about it, all those amplifiers and speakers and cables might be a bit overwhelming. I setup a nice set of bookshelf speakers for mom in her place, she rarely, if ever, uses them.

I did not do anything, Static got you covered already. He is the brains of this operation, I am the guy you talk to in the lobby while you are waiting for the doctor ;)

Top Bottom