• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Harman curve for loudspeakers

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hmm - some kind of summation of reflections + direct sound I will guess. I will try finding that thread.
The timbral difference I hear can be attributed to room interactions. One thing I am yet to try is EQ only under 1K for example
Those interactions, whether our rooms, studios, or any venue and when you remove them in headphones, as you summarized, things don't "seem" right. Sound is reflected and EQing is necessary in our rooms, just usually not above 400hz unless the speaker has a major issue. The room part is easy to address if necessary with higher frequencies, whether materials or toe in, for example.

tuga

Major Contributor
But, due to heavier absorption, the average mastering engineer’s room will have a brighter steady-state response than Harman’s.

Can you elaborate on your reasoning for that to be the case?

Top Bottom