• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Oukkidoukki

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Record some with your phone, link here...it doesnt matter.....just something to chew:D:cool:....thanks.......acustic minimal music with dynamics for example

dmac6419

Major Contributor
We had one here but box had some moisture damage ....even mildew smell....which was weird.......we didnt try it, send it back...........sooooo we would at least like to listen it thru youtube:D:D:facepalm::)....
............they wierdly didnt want to send another one, just give money back.......so we not sure what to do now
Buy another one from somewhere else

Toku

Major Contributor
What would be the difference between the iis and i2s inputs? Thanks
I²S and I2S are digital audio interface standards, sometimes referred to as iiS and IIS.
IIS is also used as an abbreviation for Internet Information Services, the standard Web server service for Microsoft Windows.

dan kolov

Has anyone disassembled their Gustard x 16 and taken pictures of the inside of the whole board with power supply?

ryuryo

Thanks for looking for it. So OFS per Gustard (shouldn't it be OSF?):

OFS means that x16 has received the mqa signal that has been expanded by one level. OFS represents the O riginal S ampling F requency. That is, the original sample rate specification before folding into MQA format
OFS is common and normal, I can see it on my Lumin U1 Mini display too when I set my U1 Mini as render only in Roon.

sev1

Forum Donor
Just setup my x16 yesterday partnered w a Topping A90. Fantastic combo with both Genelec G One Monitors and Dunu 17th Anniversary IEM's. Using Tidal as well as YouTube as sources on my Win10 PC. No issues w USB so far. No noise, just really good sound. No need for upgrades or anything for a while. Just sit back and listen.

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just setup my x16 yesterday partnered w a Topping A90. Fantastic combo with both Genelec G One Monitors and Dunu 17th Anniversary IEM's. Using Tidal as well as YouTube as sources on my Win10 PC. No issues w USB so far. No noise, just really good sound. No need for upgrades or anything for a while. Just sit back and listen.
Killer combo :cool:

tparm

Forum Donor
First time using stand alone DAC, unfortunately my main system is awaiting its new heart (AVR-A110) so I just hoked it up to my 1990 Pioneer receiver and Polk Monitor 5Bs (my college freshman purchases) in my garage - have my Node 2 running to the X16 via coax and then analog to my Pioneer from the X16 streaming from Tidal; shazam, it sounds great. I can't wait to use it in my main system.

A couple of questions: I set the volume to" 00" as I use my receiver, the filter to "L fast" and nos to "off." Do you all with more experience than me agree with this set up? Thank you.

Top Bottom