• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Gustard R26 popping noise from speakers when changes sample rates

Lsucet

Hi.
I am having an issue using Gustard R26 DAC. When I enable NOS, I am getting most of the time a popping noise coming from the speakers when the DAC changes sample rates. sometimes minor, sometimes a little more loud and at times it change without the popping noise. It doesn't happen when playing albums or music with same sample rates.
With NOS disable it just cuts sometime real quick at the entry of the song but no pops as with NOS enable.

I am using Bluesound Node N130 connected to DAC with USB cable. DAC to preamp with coax and coax also to monoblocks. Also i tried coax from Node to dac with the same results of the popping noise. Contacted Gustard and they just recommended to use different USB cables and different connections to diagnose the issue. I email them back over the weekend letting them known that it still does it with different USB and COAX cables. I asked also for firmware update and they said the R26 doesn't need update.

I updated the Render to version 1.42 but no changes at all. When I press the menu and power buttons i get Firmware Version R115_130_236. Is this the latest firmware version?
Any help will be appreciated, Please if you need more information let me know and i will provide it.
My system is simple,
Speakers are B&W 603 S2 25th anniversary.
Amps are HC1 monoblocks from Emotiva.
Preamp/DAC also from Emotiva.
DAC is Gustard R26.
Streamer Bluesound Node N130.

Thanks in advance. Regards

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It sounds like the muting circuitry is not operating properly or is being mismanaged by other circuitry.

OP
L

Lsucet

It sounds like the muting circuitry is not operating properly or is being mismanaged by other circuitry.
Do you think is better to return it? Is there a newer FW version addressing this concern? Thanks for the quick response.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you think is better to return it? Is the a newer FW version addressing this concern? Thanks for the quick response.
How long have you had it? I am not familiar with the firmware versions and updates.

OP
L

Lsucet

How long have you had it? I am not familiar with the firmware versions and updates.
I received it last Friday. It sounds good and I like it, just I don't think it should be doing what is doing. Trying to confirm if there is an issue. Thanks

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I received it last Friday. It sounds good and I like it, just I don't think it should be doing what is doing. Trying to confirm if there is an issue. Thanks
Popping and clicking noises are not part of a good electronics gear. For much less than the price of the Gustard R26 you could have a DAC with PEQ and all sorts of nice features and it tested here at ASR very well. The RME ADI-2 FS DAC is a very nice DAC.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
OP
L

Lsucet

Popping and clicking noises are not part of a good electronics gear. For much less than the price of the Gustard R26 you could have a DAC with PEQ and all sorts of nice features and it tested here at ASR very well. The RME ADI-2 FS DAC is a very nice DAC.
I see, I will look for sure into other options. Thanks for the advise and the link.

OP
L

Lsucet

You could just upsample or downsample everything to the same sampling rate that will probably fix it. And add a little bit Crossfade time so there is no Pause between tracks.

Also , bluesound node could be causing the clicking and popping.

Try to
disable Audio Clock Trim in the NODE N130 audio settings.
Also there like a Endless amount of posts like this since 2 years

I only can do that if I am using coax but with USB it handles everything pretty much and I have no access to change those settings. I did tried coax and clock trim was disabled but same results. I will read those posts. Thanks.

Top Bottom