• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Graham Audio LS8/1 or Stirling Broadcast LS3/6

F355F1

Hello chaps,

I am a new member on this forum, thank you for accepting me.

Has anyone on this forum compared the Graham Audio LS8/1 and the Stirling Broadcast LS3/6.

I will be interested in hearing your opinions regarding the sound.

Cheers,

staticV3

Master Contributor
Not sure about the Graham, but Stereophile's measurements of the LS3/6 (link) show a poorly built cabinet, an anechoic response that's tilted warm, poorly controlled directivity, and some tweeter resonances in the CSD.

Apparently they cost about $7K per pair, which in my opinion, makes these flaws unacceptable.

OP
F

F355F1

Thanks for your info. They can be bought for around $3.5K in mint condition without stands. Stereophile or TAS are not for me, just read this review.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Just like every other subjective review I have ever read.
Keith

OP
F

F355F1

I am an old chap who grew up with the British sound. I listen exclusively to classical music, large scale material and big orchestral works.

My first speakers were a pair Tannoy 15" Gold Monitors in Lancaster cabinets, then, and in no particular order, I had QUAD 57, ESL-63, KEF 105, Spendor BC1, Radford Studio S90, Celef PE1 and several loudspeaker kits from Richard Allan and Falcon Acoustics. A pair of Goldmund Dialogues, lovely speakers but a tweeter blew up and there was no replacement available. I also had a pair of Aerial Acoustics 10T and a pair of Altec 845 Valencia, I did not like either one.

I recently sold my pair of Gold Monitors specially built by Tannoy for record producer Martin Hannett in 1978. So now, I have no speakers at all. A dear friend of mine highly recommended me the Graham Audio LS8/1s, another, the Stirling Broadcast LS3/6s, they both live in different cities, one in Edinburgh, the other in Bournemouth, so there is no chance to compare them vis-a-vis,

Last edited:
Top Bottom