• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any good affordable subwoofer? just need a touch of bottom for my Amphion Two15 (studio mixing)

AmielMix

Hello everybody,

Hope you are doing good.

Any good affordable subwoofer ( up to $1000?) just need a touch of bottom for my Amphions Two15

I just need a tad at below 40hz... I really never mixed with subs, and I just want to feel that extra bottm end.

I am asking as I think will be interesting to see also the Audiophile products in comparison to the Studio Products, that in many cases are hyped and overpriced in reference to the audiophile market.

I do not mix loud, so I do not need a Subwoofer to shake the whole block but adding a sub will extend the lower range of my system and give more headroom to the Amphion Two15

**** UPDATE; Most people say the bigger the Sub the better, but I heard today you can find a 12" o smaller subwoofer that deliver great low end... I want something that sounds tight, intelligible, more than flabby and resonant, is for mixing.... can these modern smaller subwoofer deliver that?

again do not need a lot of power, just a clear clear woofer

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

graxxus

Affordable can be different for each person, but yes, there are lots of good affordable options.
With the Amphions Two15 retailing at $2200/ea, you don't seem to be in the super low budget category. In the ~$1k ballpark you can find lots of fine sealed 12" powered subs. I'm biased to Rythmik, but SVS or the like should nicely help with that bottom end. SVS and Monoprice also have lower price offerings. Going against budget, but adding two subs helps with keeping your room even.

OP
AmielMix

AmielMix

Affordable can be different for each person, but yes, there are lots of good affordable options.
With the Amphions Two15 retailing at $2200/ea, you don't seem to be in the super low budget category. In the ~$1k ballpark you can find lots of fine sealed 12" powered subs. I'm biased to Rythmik, but SVS or the like should nicely help with that bottom end. SVS and Monoprice also have lower price offerings. Going against budget, but adding two subs helps with keeping your room even.
Yes, if I am not wrong I think I always heard good thing about SVS for subs... now in the Pro Audio/Studio world most people tend to go with the traditional speaker manufaturere or the new kid of the block...always marketed as "studio speakers"... but I am sure there are so many vaild Audiophile brands that will work perfectly in a studio enviroment

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Depending on where you live - the Gallo subs may be available used at a very reasonable price - they go down to 24Hz, and are a compact, sealed design.

The TR1 has been around for more than 15 years, and its various upgrades TR1D, TR2 and TR3...

Lots have been sold with the little Nucleus Micro satellites as a "lifestyle" setup - so you often see them for sale quite cheaply.

JLGF1

One man's affordable is another man's cheap.

eg SVS SB-2000 ($500)

JLGF1

Looks like the SB-2000 close-out inventory is gone now (discontinued).

You can find the SB-1000 Pro (w/DSP) for $599 (or less). eg Crutchfield or directly from SVS.

OP
AmielMix

AmielMix

I will check soon REL, as I am more interested for now in SQ subwoofers.

will report

Top Bottom