• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good amp to pair with Jim Rogers JR Metro Vintage Bookshelf Speakers?

locoaction

Hey, hope all's well.

Slight audio amateur here - I picked up some Jim Rogers JR Metro Vintage Bookshelf Speakers on Ebay recently, through a friend's recommendation.

It's the ones pictured below, I believe - though they've had the foams replaced.

I'm looking for a good amp to pair them with, as my old one is busted. I'm looking to preferably buy something new rather than on Ebay - my priorities are a) that it will all work OK in terms of voltage, as I'm really not an expert, and b) that the sound will do the speakers justice. Budget is about £200.

I also wanted to check: would I be OK to connect the amp to the speakers by stripping the ends of this cable? As I say, this side isn't my strong point.

Any help much appreciated - thanks!

1707220724195-png.65752

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @locoaction! Welcome to ASR.

Take a look at @Matias' Amplifier list:

Though to cut things short, some well liked Budget Amps are the Aiyima A07/A07 Max and the Fosi V3/ZA3.

You can find reviews here:

Last edited:
Top Bottom