• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GoldenSounds passes apparently ABX test for DACs (NOT Really)

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Just so's I'm clear, the case you want to hedge against is there being some visible cue that the tested is using to differentiate
Yes, it's already been shown that there's an easily measurable spectral difference, and that difference can be seen rapidly. From there, it's pretty straightforward to see a dozen ways to use non-auditory cues. A good magician could probably come up with a couple dozen more. Like I said, I'm semi-knowledgeable but not a pro.

there's a point where you have to decide whether you're taking this as an experiment presented in good faith by an earnest (if, IMO, mislead in some of his views) person, or an attempted deception.
I have no opinion, but data from a solidly-controlled experiment would drive me one way or another.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Again, this can't preclude cheating. You being there in person wouldn't be able to conclusively preclude that unless you fully controlled the signal chain and switching setup. But there's a point where you have to decide whether you're taking this as an experiment presented in good faith by an earnest (if, IMO, mislead in some of his views) person, or an attempted deception.

Yep, that's basically it.

Top Bottom