• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Goldenear T66 vs BLADE Meta 2?

Descartes

Major Contributor

Goldenear T66 looks like an amazing speaker especially when you compare it to the Blade 2 Meta!​

Has anyone had an opportunity to listen to it at CEDIA 2023?

In addition the value is definitely up there! One can buy almost four pair of the T66 vs one pair of Blade Meta 2

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
($6900/pair in black or $7200/pair in red), nice price.

Thats nice price, sadly blades meta should be cheaper.. im still dont know why these are so expensive to make

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor
($6900/pair in black or $7200/pair in red), nice price.

Thats nice price, sadly blades meta should be cheaper.. im still dont know why these are so expensive to make
They are not, just like the B&W Nautilus now on sale for $100,000!! In 2000 they were $29,000

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
They are not, just like the B&W Nautilus now on sale for $100,000!! In 2000 they were $29,000
Jason Victor Serinus | May 26, 2023

Sorry, i didn't notice you are aware of the price of the Goldenear. But i'm still think the blades are overprice too much

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Comparing a $7k loudspeaker to one which costs about 4 times as much doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe the comparison should be with an LS60 wireless. Beyond that I'm a bit suspicious of anyone in the business of making expensive cables which happens to be the most extreme form of audio insanity.

Penelinfi

Comparing a $7k loudspeaker to one which costs about 4 times as much doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe the comparison should be with an LS60 wireless. Beyond that I'm a bit suspicious of anyone in the business of making expensive cables which happens to be the most extreme form of audio insanity.
I guess it depends whether they try to infiltrate too much of that expensive cable stuff into the speaker or if they let the designers get on with making a speaker.
Then again I guess you can easily make good money selling the speakers as adding audioquest cables wouldn't cost a heap extra for them, but would attract people who put value in the wiring

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
I guess it depends whether they try to infiltrate too much of that expensive cable stuff into the speaker or if they let the designers get on with making a speaker.
Then again I guess you can easily make good money selling the speakers as adding audioquest cables wouldn't cost a heap extra for them, but would attract people who put value in the wiring
I dont think anyone will be atracted to buy a floorstanding for… its cables

Open Mind Audio

Looks promising. I was just blind-testing my Triton Ones (from 2016) with my new KEF LS60 wireless II's. Four of us did blind tests (yes, level volume, same placement, fully blind), and everyone felt the GoldenEar's held their own. The LS60s were preferred on some tracks and the Tritons on others -- and to all ears, both sounded great as we went between them. One of the problems with the Tritons is their aesthetics - and also the cloth sock, which makes them hard to move and clean. This speaker looks easier to handle and a bit more attractive - though still not as nice looking to my eyes as the LS60s.

Lest anyone tell me speaker aesthetics don't matter - consider that I was able to buy the LS60s because my wife thought they'd look good in our living room. And that's the first time she has ever said that about ANY speaker.

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor
…..Lest anyone tell me speaker aesthetics don't matter - consider that I was able to buy the LS60s because my wife thought they'd look good in our living room. And that's the first time she has ever said that about ANY speaker.
Esthetic is very important even in a dedicated room!

Some manufacturers are starting to understand that not everyone wants black coffins or white boxes in their living rooms or other places in their homes!

KEF at least offers a few options with colors and they sound great!

mglobe

Forum Donor
1707399365739.png

Top Bottom