• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8361A - Pair - Producer Grey ***Off for now***

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have a pair of 8361A’s for sale. Looking for CAD$9500 (US$7000) for the pair. These are my babies, absolutely mint. My wife just can’t get past them aesthetically, lol. I have the packaging etc for them as well. I love these speakers but am thinking of going to S360’s to get a more conventional look for the living room. I bought them new end of Oct 2022.

IMG_1349.jpeg

Sokel

Master Contributor
Judging by the decoration S360's won't cut it either,maybe a Geithain colored similar to floor would do the trick for her.

OP
RobL

RobL

Judging by the decoration S360's won't cut it either,maybe a Geithain colored similar to floor would do the trick for her.
Heh, the room has changed considerably since that picture and she’s not done yet! She'd like me to find something in white that looks less unconventional, lol

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The S360 can be ordered in white but you still have the black woofer to look at. Not sure if there's anyway to cover it.

OP
RobL

RobL

Genelecs have tendency to look rather small on photos, just don't show her how big they actually are and you're good to go lol

View attachment 307653
Yeah, they’re actually pretty much the same size as my 61’s, lol. I made sure she understood that though. :)
Worst thing is my dealer tells me there’s 150 day lead time on the order. Crap.

Digby

Major Contributor
Change of heart…I think I’ll postpone this for now. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Whose heart was changed, may I ask? :p

Another opinion (I'll pretend like you asked...), would she/you like the KEF tower speakers with coaxial drivers. You still get coaxial, but maybe better looks?

OP
RobL

RobL

Whose heart was changed, may I ask? :p

Another opinion (I'll pretend like you asked...), would she/you like the KEF tower speakers with coaxial drivers. You still get coaxial, but maybe better looks?
Definitely mine,lol. Kef towers might fit the bill, but she doesn’t like tower speakers!?!? Haha
Hmmm wondering if you sold the wife & kept the Genelecs!!!o_O
Well, she’s actually a keeper, lol. She let me buy them in the first place, and will let them stay if I really don’t want to part with them. (I don’t :) )
Beautiful, but too large for her to accept. :(

Top Bottom