• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 8030 advise

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Just wanted to thank you guys for the help, I went and listened to a set of dynaudio xeo 20, and in comparison I found the presence of these speakers much more impressive, giving for a more complete listening experience, even compared to the 83xx series, which were in a different price class.
I managed to snatch up a set of xeo 20's for 900eur, and went with those.
Very happy
If you liked the Dynaudio sound I assume you would have liked their pro monitors also

OP
U

uk83

I loved the sound of them! Goosebumps and everything, I guess the difference lays in studio monitor style vs hi-fi style. Now the fairly large room is filled with sound that makes you wanna dance even in the next room

OP
U

uk83

The genelec didn't have that 'makes you wanna dance' character but they sounded absolutely gorgeous!

OP
U

uk83

Oh, the dynaudio pro monitors.
Perhaps, I didn't listen to those, but I didn't find anything that compact that came close @ under 1000 eur, or even 1500. Even these xeo's I had to buy the day they came available. This type of speaker seems quite popular, and as it's the most compact way, I had little choice.

Top Bottom