• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 Gen 3 is giving Digital Output

muzzammil236

Hi,

My Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 Gen 3 is giving digital output? Any clue. I need it in analog before putting the output in the input of the analog amplifier. Help.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you explain further? It should be incapable of anything other than analog output at either headphone jacks or line outs. What makes you think it is outputting digital?

OP
M

muzzammil236

Sure. I have checked it in the oscilloscope. Both headphone output as well as monitor output are giving out digital output.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is it new or has this issue suddenly started occurring with a unit you've had awhile?

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
Wow. Sure you were not in solid clipping? Green halo not red?

Anyway, great unit. I have a Version 2. You can do a loopback, Phono to XLR and use RightMark to verify it. It is very good. Actually, almost left it in my stereo instead of buying the Schilt. With the performance of a Focusrite, as well as JDS, Schiit, and Apple, I do not get the $5000 or even $50,000 DACs. It is hard to believe audible differences are even splitting hairs.

Top Bottom