• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal Diablo Utopia As Nearfield Speakers

OP
M

MarkWinston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Don’t know how they measure, but I’d buy Focals based on brand alone.
They’re often said as the Revel equivalent in Europe.
I would buy Focals on based on how transparent and revealing they are alone. Not to mention how beautiful they look. Gorgeous!

Lao Lu

The shop where I purchased my ATC 19s had these as well as smaller Genelec monitors. The Focals were amazing in that that they filled the entire back wall of that shop with a seamless wall of vibrant clarity....would love to have them...subject to luxury taxes here they were very expensive.

OP
M

MarkWinston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The shop where I purchased my ATC 19s had these as well as smaller Genelec monitors. The Focals were amazing in that that they filled the entire back wall of that shop with a seamless wall of vibrant clarity....would love to have them...subject to luxury taxes here they were very expensive.
How do these compare to the genelacs and atc 19s? Yeah, Focal and clarity are inseparable. Even TOTL B&Ws dont come close when it comes to clarity IMO.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
The Solo6 is somewhat of a poor man's version of the Utopia
I heard them in a shop, they sound amazing
images (4).jpeg

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Why don't you get them ?
Read that they had some reliability issues with the amps dying and stuff so i don't want to take the chance.
Let's just say you hear a lot less of Genelecs dying

Top Bottom