• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal ARIA K2 936

Savi

For information, Focal has just released a new version of the Aria 936. The difference seems to be the cone materials of the medium and woofer drivers. I did not find measurements or technical informations.

More details on their website:
https://www.focal.com/en/home-audio...s/aria-900/floorstanding-speakers/aria-k2-936

Screenshot_20201116-172729.jpg

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
It's the same deal with their car stereo the yellow cone is a step above the flax
Screenshot_20201116-191447.jpg
Screenshot_20201116-191424.jpg

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I know Focal is a quality brand, but dang. They took an almost 25% price increase earlier this year, and now they release this "upgraded" 936 at an even higher price?!

Interestingly, around the time of the Focal price hike, my local dealer dropped Paradigm and brought in Focal, including the Chora, Aria, Kanta, and Sopra lines. Their explanation as to why they went with Focal and sales pitch today was that the Focal speakers sounded better than the Paradigms at the same price points. But I wonder if the Focal Chora series really sounds better than, say, the Paradigm Premier series. Or, is the reason they switched really that Focal's pricing structure allows for a higher profit margin for the dealer.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I am betting no sonic difference.

In the 2 hour factory tour video, the rep says all the composite cones they show are cosmetic.

Why would they add a rigid aramid and have to change the rest of the woofer or other speaker parts potentially, when they could keep everything the same with aramid that behaves like the linen? No business sense there to me.

I think they are kinda cool, but like dark walnut and linen better in my room.

I doubt street price will stay high on these. The Spectral 40th anniv. With yellow cones are available way under MSRP. Arias are from what, 2013? I got mine 40% off, and do not see them as a big step up from Chora. 6k for these is steep.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
this is not something I would want to look at every day.
It is the new diet plan. The more you listen and look, the less appetite you have. Hmm...is weed legal in France now? Maybe that's what's going on.

helom

I know Focal is a quality brand, but dang. They took an almost 25% price increase earlier this year, and now they release this "upgraded" 936 at an even higher price?!

Interestingly, around the time of the Focal price hike, my local dealer dropped Paradigm and brought in Focal, including the Chora, Aria, Kanta, and Sopra lines. Their explanation as to why they went with Focal and sales pitch today was that the Focal speakers sounded better than the Paradigms at the same price points. But I wonder if the Focal Chora series really sounds better than, say, the Paradigm Premier series. Or, is the reason they switched really that Focal's pricing structure allows for a higher profit margin for the dealer.

Paradigm Prestige is better than Aria.

Top Bottom