• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Feeling bad about spending too much on audio

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Just a thought. I listened to this dude speak:

There's this streak of saturated... I don't know what to call it. Guilt? Comes with spending a lot and then realizing you didn't know what you were buying because you believed the manufacturer or the reviewer, who might be deceitful, but who is more likely sincere (as if that guarantees something). Or who is utterly convinced of their own position. In that case, guilt also comes with being unsure, doubting your own reasons and your ability to make judgements.

I read Robert Harley's book, The Complete Guide to High-End Audio (2015)—he tries to cover everything under the sun related to audio. There's a long section on tweaks and other suggestions broken up into two- or three-sentence paragraphs, the most useful of which is to clean your gear (and there's a product for that—some sort of liquid coating mechanics use to improve conductivity). They tend to end in a promise: "It will sound better."

There's something to be said here about refusing to believe that any manufacturer could be dishonest or plain wrong, that some kernel of truth does not stand behind every assertion. I think that haunts Harley and other professionals/near-professionals in the industry. One of the most uncomfortable recorded seminars I've ever watched was this one, "How to Read Between the Lines in High-end Audio Advertising":

Fremer was irresponsibly dodging the question, and Merkel (a regular speaker at RMAF on acoustics) was far more quiet than I expected him to be. Some exchange of opinion, a nice joke by Fremer on Bose vs. Klipsch, but very little discussion in the end. This talk takes the prize since they had a chance to say something really significant about the industry, as insiders (not a big one, given the pressures they likely feel about saying too much—except for possibly Fremer, "What are you talking about? There's nothing to talk about.").

An uglier seminar was this one:
But then I didn't expect much better. The chairman would ask very leading questions like, "Why buy power cable/interconnect exotica?" And the respondents (from Kimber, Kubala Sosna, Cardas, Shunyata) give their company line, sometimes verbatim from marketing materials. I would love to ask each of them, in turn, "How do you know?" Which is what I expect from a seminar.

In my daily work I'm an intrusive sort of analyst. I basically read docs and then interview senior managers about how they run their business ops, how they structure certain things. One of the usual runarounds when I'm asking a pointed question is "I don't have the information right now—I'll get it to you as soon as I have time." At which point I press them (either at the meeting or offline, later on) until I get a point-blank refusal or that revealing bit of info. I've idly imagined doing the same thing with audio manufacturers and making the findings public, basically like an independent review of the whole business, but then there's no reason to let me in.

I get that there is so much money and legal obligation tied into everything that saying too much about your product is tantamount to giving the business away. That's almost the history of the industry. Frederick Hunt, who wrote a small history of transducer design in the introduction to Electroacoustics (1954), said in complete seriousness that a large part of the material he mined to establish a clear sense of design changes and innovations was found in various patent offices (i.e., and not in academic libraries). There's not many people with the skill and knowledge able to evaluate those designs and and give them their historical place. Hunt is unique in that sense. And I don't know of any texts outside of this one that were written to examine the evolution of knowledge in this field. Most of what I've found are technical manuals or papers, and the "historical" part happens in me, as I note the changes from design to design or topic to topic.

All this is to say that there is a lot of reliance on expertise, and that reliance has in some sense saturated the market. It's probably why some people feel so terribly guilty when they reach a certain breaking point, since concluding that you made the wrong buying decision because you were too reliant on some authority quickly spreads to touch almost everything.

I read a lot so you can expect more stuff like this. If you need it in one sentence it's that, despite all the reasons not to, I'd like a franker sort of conversation. It would likely help some people feel better and be a bit calmer. The least you can offer someone is clarity (instead of a promise of improvement). It's why I like ASR.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I need a transcript.

2+ hours of of what looks like self remorse in one case, self aggrandisement and mutual admiration in the other two, based merely upon a couple of minutes of skipping through is more than I can take...

I'm glad I had a bit of technical training, and years of somewhat related job experience, ran a PA for a while, and was musically experienced (despite failing at any real performance aspect), before I spent more than some would on a "system".

ASR is icing on the cake for me.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have to agree with Ray. There are some things where a video is just the ticket. But the highest bandwidth (think bitrate, seriously) method to get information into the consciousness of another person is written text. I think I've seen at least parts of all your videos except the 1st one. Which I'll watch in a minute since it isn't too long. I also will watch at 1.5x speed since I can keep up and waste less time.

Tks

Major Contributor
I've seen a few vids from the dude in the first video. A heavy heavy subjectivist that seems to be having objectivism dawn on him slowly.

Says some things that are wrong, and trying to reconcile past thoughts which now he has to start dropping, but is uncomfortable when he realizes the sorts of things he did, or the way he approached them into the past.

EDIT: I forget to mention, he's one of those sorts of apologist subjectivists. He's trying to drop the hardcore idiocy some people on his side have (only expensive things can be good), but also has placed himself on the middle lane between two lanes of incoming traffic. Will get railed by us when he says things like "specs don't matter", but will also get railed by the hardcore on his former sides.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay the guy in the video makes me want to punch him in the face about 3 minutes in. Self serving excuses where "okay maybe this near monopoly is bad or maybe its good, but its just frickin business and you have to accept it. If prices go up people will stop buying as much if they go down then good." Now come on we know how this goes. Especially if you have a position that raises quite a bit higher the barrier to entry from competition.

You pick a good video to start this off I'll give you credit for that. If you haven't read about Amir's review of a recent Marantz pre/pro take a look at it. I've a several year old model, and yet its measured audio performance is virtually identical to this new $5k model. Sure the new model does additional surround formats. But why is it not better for more money. Marantz touts HDAM.
https://www.us.marantz.com/blog/pages/posts.aspx?pid=11

A modular amplifier design they have in all their gear. They claim it is super good and lots of other stuff. On the one hand, they show the same quoted performance for like 11 years at least (and measurements pretty much match their claims on raw performance). I've measured one several years old and it matches almost perfectly Amir's measures of their current flagship. Performance however is pretty good, but not SOTA or close to it. In fact the various great DACs they use and the other processing are probably better than HDAM, and HDAM is the bottleneck limiting performance of everything they make. So the current $5k flagship for basic audio and any older formats performs no different than the 7 year old model I purchased second hand from Sal for 1/10th the price.

And this brings up what is wrong with a near monopoly or two of them. The company making Marantz et al and Dolby. I could buy rather cheaply multi-channel gear from pro recording companies that blows away the performance of any pre/pro. If not for Dolby's symbiotic relationship I could get software to do all Dolby decoding and send the sound to these pro audio devices and do it all very much for cheap. And new Dolby formats could be in new software. I wouldn't expect Dolby to do this for free, but they could do it inexpensively. Instead you are doubly damned to buy good gear for AV purposes. The top dawg gear isn't that good, and in a few years you'll have to buy it all over again because of the ever increasing new formats. This relationship is like committing infanticide of any innovation and increase in sound quality in the entire AV industry.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay, I'm now ready to punch him the nether regions. If your premises are wrong in an argument, the argument is wrong. He basically implies prices will get cheaper from this conglomeration happening. I think it will, but I think the conglomeration will work to keep them higher than they need be and higher than they otherwise would be. So even when he then starts in on the idea cheaper is always less good, and might have a point, it is the most disingenuous thing for him to say. He's making excuses ahead of time for the benefit of painting this conglomeration in a good light to be good. You only need to look at AVR "heatsinks" to see how cost cutting might not be planning to make crap, but when a company knows it is in a position to get away with it. They'll push it for profits. No engineer is wanting to make crap, but business managers will make it happen for profit maximization. This guy has sat down and used every bit of truth he can to seem credible and had nothing in mind from before he recorded this except telling us a lie. Trying to skillfully manipulate our perception of a crappy situation.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Andrew Robinson spends his days (and many nights) as a brand manager for numerous tech and creative companies the world over. He founded the boutique, Austin-based advertising and branding firm, Robinson Creative in 2017 after spending nearly 15 years in advertising as a creative director working in Los Angeles. His passion however is music and movies, and his advertising work has taken him behind the camera as a director and director of photography for several commercial and online spots over the years.

Brand manager. Full disclosure: AR is the kind of used car salesman huckster that probably cannot do honest full disclosure to his own self. Until he knows how he can spin it or it can be spun he doesn't know what he thinks.

I fear this isn't actually what pozz had in mind to discuss. Maybe @pozz could define it a little more. Is it the idea things can be good and not cost a bundle or what is your area of interest here?

Tks

Major Contributor
Half way into the second video. Mannn, this is rough. It really perplexes you when you realize actually grown adults are capable of saying things like this.

For example at 27 minutes, Krammers moronic ass: "Accuracy is the most overrated thing in this industry" "At a certain point...I don't care how you mastered the music, I care about getting the sound the way I like". But if you were to tell him, you can get accuracy, and then just EQ or DSP to the sound signature you want.. He'd probably walk away.

Tks

Major Contributor
Okay, I'm now ready to punch him the nether regions. If your premises are wrong in an argument, the argument is wrong. He basically implies prices will get cheaper from this conglomeration happening. I think it will, but I think the conglomeration will work to keep them higher than they need be and higher than they otherwise would be. So even when he then starts in on the idea cheaper is always less good, and might have a point, it is the most disingenuous thing for him to say. He's making excuses ahead of time for the benefit of painting this conglomeration in a good light to be good. You only need to look at AVR "heatsinks" to see how cost cutting might not be planning to make crap, but when a company knows it is in a position to get away with it. They'll push it for profits. No engineer is wanting to make crap, but business managers will make it happen for profit maximization. This guy has sat down and used every bit of truth he can to seem credible and had nothing in mind from before he recorded this except telling us a lie. Trying to skillfully manipulate our perception of a crappy situation.

One thing I must say.. Coming from computers and dealing with GPU/CPU/M.2/RAM heatsink designs.. The heatsinks/thermal managment designs in essentially every single peice of audio gear I've seen is PURE trash by relative comparison. Not somewhat trash, or just ehh, ..No, absolutely awful. The amount of thermal performance that could be afforded with just a bit more investment would be far greater (like basically increasing fin counts on the outer portions of a power amp). Or actually using thermal interface compounds, or not doing idiotic nonsense like placing heatsinks on internals that won't have any air circulation (as all that does is delay the temperature climb, and not really contributing any much better heat dissipation, especially with them being internal and closed off).

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry, didn't mean to send this off in an unwanted direction. Quote from the OP:
I read a lot so you can expect more stuff like this. If you need it in one sentence it's that, despite all the reasons not to, I'd like a franker sort of conversation. It would likely help some people feel better and be a bit calmer. The least you can offer someone is clarity (instead of a promise of improvement). It's why I like ASR.

There was a time I thought nearly all the high end people were honest even when they were mistaken. And maybe there was such a time. And you have to make money to stay in business, and lord knows plenty of good brands went under because they were run by designers and not businessmen. It wasn't the product. I can even believe most of the industry was honest perhaps merely all fooling themselves in a enjoyable way. Count me among them back then.

Now there are just too many ways that "audiophile" is synonymous with easy mark. And too many instances where people are just preying on an easy to bilk group of people. We/they have only themselves to blame I suppose. What is the old saying, you can't con an honest man. It is telling that one of the early established companies in wire was started by an audio salesman. I mean really, an audio salesman figured out the best sounding wire. And works the same gig to this day. It was all materials and appearance and still is. He understood what ideas sale and put them together in a field he largely helped create. The unfortunate issue is you can say he created a problem to offer the solution, but you can't get people to listen when you tell them this.

Reminds me way back when con men in various fields, if they found a gullible person, they'd leave a few marks on a fence post or mailbox post something most wouldn't notice. But they were codes to colleges telling them this was an easy mark and perhaps which kind of approach worked with them. So others traveling around could come by later and find the easy marks. Professional courtesy. I feel the entire audiophile field has gotten something like this. Rational intelligent people with some spare money wanting to enjoy a hobby get sucked in and do things if they were shown in a different light would wonder, "how could I have believed that, how could I be conned so easily". You even see these people regularly say, "so what if its placebo, if the ritual or activities bring me added enjoyment?" And they are right. You can have a nice beach vacation on a secluded unknown, but wonderful beach. You really might enjoy it even more if there is a fancy hotel with excellent service of your whims and wants. Same beach, mostly the same activity a factor of 10 or a 100 or more in the cost. If you can afford it, probably is more enjoyable the more expensive way.

OP
pozz

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
@Blumlein 88 My idea was to talk about the pain AR and others have experienced and to link it to the norms and approach to knowledge in the industry. Despite his very mixed positions and perspectives, AR admitted to something which I think is a byproduct of advertisers' discourse. That mix of science, logic and bullshit has affected people rather brutally. There are plenty of bad stories involving money floating around which are treated as fringe, anecdote-level trivia. Like one pretty funny story told about an obsessive told by one of the people Steve Guttenberg interviewed (around 4min39sec):

I also found this thread really interesting: https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53665 The OP in that thread was truly close to crisis.

I remember an interview between Fremer and Linkwitz where the latter was obviously close to death. He had trouble speaking and his attention sometimes drifted. The interview itself is, again, not very good, but at the beginning Fremer asks Linkwitz his thoughts on why people are so fascinated and spend so much of their time with audio equipment—"For beauty." I've never really thought about it that way, and never found the words to express it. "Beauty" is the exact word to describe what I experience with really good music and good gear (not transparency, not fidelity—beauty). It's an even stronger idea if you know something of the German philosophical tradition Linkwitz is doubtless familiar with (in which beauty is the appearance of truth).

I have to say I really enjoy listening to people like John Siau or Floyd Toole speak because of their breadth and clarity—but I think that that clarity only comes to those who've devoted some time to studying electronics/acoustics. For the mass of others it probably just appears as one opinion among others, adding to the confusion. There seems to be something really strong being instigated on ASR—people like @March Audio and, elsewhere, NwAvGuy at JDS Labs represent an important difference.

I've seen that review of the new Marantz unit you mentioned. What the company is doing doesn't make sense from my perspective—I don't have a sense of how difficult it is for engineers to design and test new products. I imagine it's not easy (time pressure, tight budgets, etc.). And I view the acquisition by Sound United not much pessimistically but as adding yet another few brands to list of those I will probably ignore.

Last edited:

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
There was a time I thought nearly all the high end people were honest even when they were mistaken. And maybe there was such a time. And you have to make money to stay in business, and lord knows plenty of good brands went under because they were run by designers and not businessmen. It wasn't the product. I can even believe most of the industry was honest perhaps merely all fooling themselves in a enjoyable way. Count me among them back then.

I thought the same thing. Then got to the point where there seemed to be a mix of deluded and crooked in the high end niche. And then I grew up and realized that the deluded didn't stay in business. It's hucksters all the way down, and we see that every time one of them shows up here to defend his product, then slinks away when he realizes that this isn't his typical audience.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Blumlein 88 My idea was to talk about the pain AR and others have experienced and to link it to the norms and approach to knowledge in the industry. Despite his very mixed positions and perspectives, AR admitted to something which I think is a byproduct of advertisers' discourse. That mix of science, logic and bullshit has affected people rather brutally. There are plenty of bad stories involving money floating around which are treated as fringe, anecdote-level trivia. Like one pretty funny story told about an obsessive told by one of the people Steve Guttenberg interviewed (around 4min39sec):

I also found this thread really interesting: https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53665 The OP in that thread was truly close to crisis.

I remember an interview between Fremer and Linkwitz where the latter was obviously close to death. He had trouble speaking and his attention sometimes drifted. The interview itself is, again, not very good, but at the beginning Fremer asks Linkwitz his thoughts on why people are so fascinated and spend so much of their time with audio equipment—"For beauty." I've never really thought about it that way, and never found the words to express it. "Beauty" is the exact word to describe what I experience with really good music and good gear (not transparency, not fidelity—beauty). It's an even stronger idea if you know something of the German philosophical tradition Linkwitz is doubtless familiar with (in which beauty is the appearance of truth).

I have to say I really enjoy listening to people like John Siau or Floyd Toole speak because of their breadth and clarity—but I think that that clarity only comes to those who've devoted some time to studying electronics/acoustics. For the mass of others it probably just appears as one opinion among others, adding to the confusion. There seems to be something really strong being instigated on ASR—people like @March Audio and, elsewhere, NwAvGuy at JDS Labs represent an important difference.

I've seen that review of the new Marantz unit you mentioned. What the company is doing doesn't make sense from my perspective—I don't have a sense of how difficult it is for engineers to design and test new products. I imagine it's not easy (time pressure, tight budgets, etc.). And I view the acquisition by Sound United not much pessimistically but as adding yet another few brands to list of those I will probably ignore.

How should I feel about having owned at various times every piece of gear in that video? Hey some of them could even be the one I owned! (there is one piece I couldn't identify).

As to Linkwintz, "for Beauty", yes that is it. I think it seems almost spiritual and I think audiophiles being almost mystical in their approach fits in with that. I can forgive someone being a true believer even if the main difference is their belief. But the industry has been taken over by those feeding of off that. Like a bad religion taken over by hucksters living high off of everyone's beliefs. SY's point is an important one. The deluded went out of business.

I've a friend who regularly says if it weren't for music he'd have to be on drugs of some kind. So music is art, audio is engineering. Engineers and their approach isn't those of artists. Yet musical reproduction makes for a fertile ground where the musicians are artists, the listeners value art, yet right in the middle is some technical engineering stuff. So easy to take advantage of both ends and infect people with the idea there is magic in the engineering too. But only a few perceive and are elite enough to get it. Maybe you are among that elite with your excellent taste.

It seems to me this current version of audiophilia took off right when CD did. I think Cosmik's sig line explains that quite simply.
Digital audio is a rare example of perfect technology; it has given audiophiles everything they wanted. But now they're bored...

Couple that with musical listeners looking for beauty and mystery and spirituality and its a perfect situation to exploit.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I suspect that the concept of "high-end," generally correlated with high-price, is guilty of imbalancing the hifi industry. Back in the '60s and '70s, there was seamless continuum from low cost to high cost components that were all philosophically aligned. The more expensive stuff simply achieved more because of the expanded design/construction budget.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I suspect that the concept of "high-end," generally correlated with high-price, is guilty of imbalancing the hifi industry. Back in the '60s and '70s, there was seamless continuum from low cost to high cost components that were all philosophically aligned. The more expensive stuff simply achieved more because of the expanded design/construction budget.
Indeed. Miss those days....

Tks

Major Contributor

Worst part being, companies couldn't even stick to charging a ton, and somewhat providing a minutely better product (doesn't have to be a near 1:1 correlation as it was more so in the past). No, now we have sometimes COMPLETE regressions. It's as if they said "performance sucks, this is boring, and to be honest, getting real tough to keep doing" "Lets instead go backward, and sell worse products for far more than products that cost even $100-$200".

Like what the fuck man.. So sickening.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it is quite telling that a hi-fi magazine reviewer can say that accuracy doesn't matter and is still clearly considered by his readers to be a credible reviewer.

I suspect I am not the only one here who went through a stage of really buying into high(-sh) end gear and all the mystique around it, reading subjectivist reviews and imagining that I had golden ears that lifted me above the riff raff who couldn't see the point of expensive hi-fi etc. In my case what changed my position wasn't so much a realisation that those golden ears primarily existed inside peoples heads (that came a little later) but rather as an engineer I started noticing just how badly engineered a lot of high end and boutique audio gear was and the appalling build quality of a lot of it whereas at the time I looked at the mainstream Japanese stuff where even entry level equipment was well designed and with immaculate build quality. I ended up buying a Sony ES set up because I decided it sounded great and because it was beautifully made and just nice to own. That set up wasn't cheap (just because I think you can get audible transparency for peanuts does not mean I do not like nice things) but at least it really was made to a remarkably high standard and it has given me over 25 years of great service. If I was to replace it today I would probably go for active speakers, but if I did go for another conventional set up I think I'd like to go for Benchmark as in some ways it has the same attributes as the old Sony ES line - superbly made, superb measured performance and although it is pricey it is not expensive in the context of high end audio and at least you are buying real quality and substance and something which would be nice to own. On the other hand, if just looking for an audibly transparent DAC and amplifier then you really do not have to spend much at all. Even with speakers, if you get a decent pair of modestly priced speakers and make the effort to set them up well and adjust the room to optimise acoustics then you can access terrific sound without spending too much. On the other hand, if people just want audio jewellery and to buy into a club then ultimately it's a free world.

BillG

Major Contributor
If I was to replace it today I would probably go for active speaker...

I plan on doing that for my next system - active studio monitors (Yamaha or Genelec) in additional to an inexpensive but high performing DAC if necessary - for whenever I decide to purchase another. I don't trust these so-called audiophile manufacturers as far as I could throw them... :rolleyes:

jeroboam

Just a thought. I listened to this dude speak:

There's this streak of saturated... I don't know what to call it. Guilt? Comes with spending a lot and then realizing you didn't know what you were buying because you believed the manufacturer or the reviewer, who might be deceitful, but who is more likely sincere (as if that guarantees something). Or who is utterly convinced of their own position. In that case, guilt also comes with being unsure, doubting your own reasons and your ability to make judgements.

I read Robert Harley's book, The Complete Guide to High-End Audio (2015)—he tries to cover everything under the sun related to audio. There's a long section on tweaks and other suggestions broken up into two- or three-sentence paragraphs, the most useful of which is to clean your gear (and there's a product for that—some sort of liquid coating mechanics use to improve conductivity). They tend to end in a promise: "It will sound better."

There's something to be said here about refusing to believe that any manufacturer could be dishonest or plain wrong, that some kernel of truth does not stand behind every assertion. I think that haunts Harley and other professionals/near-professionals in the industry. One of the most uncomfortable recorded seminars I've ever watched was this one, "How to Read Between the Lines in High-end Audio Advertising":

Fremer was irresponsibly dodging the question, and Merkel (a regular speaker at RMAF on acoustics) was far more quiet than I expected him to be. Some exchange of opinion, a nice joke by Fremer on Bose vs. Klipsch, but very little discussion in the end. This talk takes the prize since they had a chance to say something really significant about the industry, as insiders (not a big one, given the pressures they likely feel about saying too much—except for possibly Fremer, "What are you talking about? There's nothing to talk about.").

An uglier seminar was this one:
But then I didn't expect much better. The chairman would ask very leading questions like, "Why buy power cable/interconnect exotica?" And the respondents (from Kimber, Kubala Sosna, Cardas, Shunyata) give their company line, sometimes verbatim from marketing materials. I would love to ask each of them, in turn, "How do you know?" Which is what I expect from a seminar.

In my daily work I'm an intrusive sort of analyst. I basically read docs and then interview senior managers about how they run their business ops, how they structure certain things. One of the usual runarounds when I'm asking a pointed question is "I don't have the information right now—I'll get it to you as soon as I have time." At which point I press them (either at the meeting or offline, later on) until I get a point-blank refusal or that revealing bit of info. I've idly imagined doing the same thing with audio manufacturers and making the findings public, basically like an independent review of the whole business, but then there's no reason to let me in.

I get that there is so much money and legal obligation tied into everything that saying too much about your product is tantamount to giving the business away. That's almost the history of the industry. Frederick Hunt, who wrote a small history of transducer design in the introduction to Electroacoustics (1954), said in complete seriousness that a large part of the material he mined to establish a clear sense of design changes and innovations was found in various patent offices (i.e., and not in academic libraries). There's not many people with the skill and knowledge able to evaluate those designs and and give them their historical place. Hunt is unique in that sense. And I don't know of any texts outside of this one that were written to examine the evolution of knowledge in this field. Most of what I've found are technical manuals or papers, and the "historical" part happens in me, as I note the changes from design to design or topic to topic.

All this is to say that there is a lot of reliance on expertise, and that reliance has in some sense saturated the market. It's probably why some people feel so terribly guilty when they reach a certain breaking point, since concluding that you made the wrong buying decision because you were too reliant on some authority quickly spreads to touch almost everything.

"Going down the road feeling bad about spending too........" never mind you may be able to turn it into a blues hit.

Top Bottom