• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fair price used Salon 2's

OP
B

BossBunos

I may did find them for 5k€ i don't know if it's a scam ,sounds a good price ,here in Europe revel it's now well considered imo they are more USA market concentrated,i got to valuate ,i already got very good amplifiers Soo they could be a perfect match
I'm pretty sure the 5k is a scam. I live in Europe as well and got mine (perfect condition) for 8k euro. I found that they are not really popular here. So maybe you can get them for 6/7 if you find a legit pair. But the seller must also be willing to let it go for so little. I know I wouldn't haha.

Ciobi69

I'm pretty sure the 5k is a scam. I live in Europe as well and got mine (perfect condition) for 8k euro. I found that they are not really popular here. So maybe you can get them for 6/7 if you find a legit pair. But the seller must also be willing to let it go for so little. I know I wouldn't haha.
thats what i thought! in europe we have a different market and sadly revel its not popular, but they really do engineer really good speakers! i hope to find them then!

Ciobi69

There seems to be one for sale in Bergen norway
Lmao now i understand why he is selling those for 5.7k just look at the background pictures of the one in the US market,i will write some nice words to him! It was too good to be true,i hope that he doesn't scam nobody

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-18-16-21-45-02_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-18-16-21-45-02_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 61

steve59

Major Contributor
Half price for 10 year old speakers if the company still has replacement or off the shelf tweeters, less otherwise.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Funny to see that the salon1 has a higher preference score than the Salon2. I assume this is the olive rating? Kind of shows that it's flawed since the Salon2 scored better in the blind test
Yes Preference Score is the rating based on Dr. Olive's paper. The rating has its use in the past to separate the good from the bad and point to the ugly, but with modern or the vintage speakers (which were decent, hence they are still around) but it fails on many occasions. I, personally do not rely on it.

Top Bottom