• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

After the hype of Chinese HiFi brands, what is the jury?

Your sentiments on Chinese HiFi brands?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well engineered products at very low costs.
Brought to you on the backs of human suffering..
Whenever possible I'll pass.
I personally strongly doubt most of such electronic devices (not IEMs) are even well engineered, as they are optimised for some not important "brochure metric" like SINAD while suffer under other often more audible ones like load dependency and even more important under poor lifetime, repairability and customer support as it has been seen in the forum dozens of times already. Only if they still work fine after 20+ years like most Hifi from the golden era it is something I would call good engineering, but other people have the right to see it differently.

aslan7

Hi Mr Vinyl,

Am assuming that you don't mean this in a derogatory manner towards all Chinese people. We have a Forum specific Policy to avoid this description. Therefore, we kindly request our Members avoid using this terminology “Chi-fi” as it can have negative connotations for such companies and individuals.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this regard.
Just for the record, the idea that gave rise to this expression--namely that Chinese products are all cheap--is completely erroneous. They make some truly magnificent products of the highest quality. Anyone familiar with the history of Chinese porcelain and various utilitarian objects will know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom