• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@symphara Hi, he answered me:

"I did a quick skim without getting into the math. Well, interesting. But this only proves that a large amount of superimposed interference produces harmonics. Well, if the signals are summed up, the signal becomes more rectangular. And the rectangle is 100% THD."
Your original text said:

"if we mix two over-acoustic frequencies f1 - 1001000 Hz and f2 - 1000000Hz, we get the sum of these two frequencies f1+f2=2001000"

I don't know what that means. This is not how sinusoids "mix". 2Hz + 3Hz sinusoids don't produce a 5Hz one. We don't "get the sum of these two frequencies". They produce a more complex function, which depends on the frequency, amplitude and phase of the components.

Adi777

@symphara Different person answered:

"This refers to the time domain. In the frequency domain, there will be these components, their harmonics, as well as intermodulation fringes. (in the case of a non-linear system)

In the time domain, e.g. sin(2x) + sin(3x) there will be such a signal. (it's not in Hz, but the principle is the same)

In the frequency domain, there will be 2x and 3x fringes, in the case of non-linear systems, also additional fringes.

But what does this have to do with cables?"

Links author first comments and he make a cables:

Adi777

Of course I know that you can be little tired to answer ;)

"By deductive reasoning, we can speculate that the notes tuned to A432
they harmonize directly with nature and the cosmos."

Lol

symphara

@symphara Different person answered:

"This refers to the time domain. In the frequency domain, there will be these components, their harmonics, as well as intermodulation fringes. (in the case of a non-linear system)

In the time domain, e.g. sin(2x) + sin(3x) there will be such a signal. (it's not in Hz, but the principle is the same)

In the frequency domain, there will be 2x and 3x fringes, in the case of non-linear systems, also additional fringes.

But what does this have to do with cables?"

Links author first comments and he make a cables:

It has nothing to do with cables.

I hope you don't take it the wrong way - to me it looks like you're being subjected to the "Dopeler effect", i.e. you're being bamboozled with complicated sounding stuff coming at you fast, in the hope that you'll dope out and buy into some stupid idea.

In this case, that there's something magical about cables in the audio domain. There just isn't.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Of course I know that you can be little tired to answer ;)

"By deductive reasoning, we can speculate that the notes tuned to A432
they harmonize directly with nature and the cosmos."

Lol
Uh...I think that's a clear clue that they are spinning a yarn.

Adi777

It has nothing to do with cables.

I hope you don't take it the wrong way - to me it looks like you're being subjected to the "Dopeler effect", i.e. you're being bamboozled with complicated sounding stuff coming at you fast, in the hope that you'll dope out and buy into some stupid idea.

In this case, that there's something magical about cables in the audio domain. There just isn't.
No, no, no, definitely no. I don't have experience with cables, but I am definitely closer to being a skeptic in this regard ;)
Nature and cosmos xD :facepalm:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll reiterate: properly working cables do not make sum and difference frequencies. End of story. If they say that happens, they made that up.

doitttt

Attachments

• Shunyata Research Hydra Model 6.jpg
    Shunyata Research Hydra Model 6.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Palladium

Wait, what? Isn't this just a pretty power outlet cover?

DonR

Major Contributor

Wait, what? Isn't this just a pretty power outlet cover?
One of the comments in that thread says "it makes a measurable difference"... I bet it doesn't.

Palladium

One of the comments in that thread says "it makes a measurable difference"... I bet it doesn't.

You would think turning a LED light on elsewhere in the house would have more effect than something that doesn't even have a load across the live and neutral pins, even in the realm of incredibly far-fetched plausibility.

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
These are probably money laundering schemes for drug money. They essentially pay themselves, and function as a piggy bank.

If the business doesn't make sense, and it continues to exist despite the obvious problems, it's probably money laundering.
You are probably right.

BeeKay

These are probably money laundering schemes for drug money. They essentially pay themselves, and function as a piggy bank.

If the business doesn't make sense, and it continues to exist despite the obvious problems, it's probably money laundering.
Why bother with hardware if can have the same doing "consulting”? ;)

doitttt

all power filters and cables.
there should be law, says a high-end manufacturer. can only charge so much for their products.
just take nordost cabler.
to 28,553 dollars for 2.5 meters.
Nordost Odin 2 Power.
snakeoil one must say

YesChickenNuggets

Why bother with hardware if can have the same doing "consulting”? ;)
You have to have both, the goal is to look legitimate, withstand scrutiny with multiple camouflage angles while maintaining a distance of ownership of several SEMI-empty shells for plausible deniability.

Top Bottom