• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Eltax Vintage PWR 1959

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just came across these on Audiophonics.
Retro styling, 15" woofer, 6" mid and 2 x 1" tweeters.
Looks like an absolute beast. Would love to see these tested by Amir, although they may break his back!

Last edited:

Zek

Major Contributor

OP
J

Joffy1780

That's a different speaker, I did do a quick search before posting.

Reactions: Zek

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
That's a different speaker, I did do a quick search before posting.
mentioned in the 2022 thread

Neither model's generated much chatter and they certainly look pretty arbitrarily slapped together to me. Frankly, though, it's kind of hard to get excited by something that looks like one of Utah's lower-end massmarket products (Utah itself being a pretty low-tier brand) from the late 1960s.

utah.jpg

OP
J

Joffy1780

mentioned in the 2022 thread

Neither model's generated much chatter and they certainly look pretty arbitrarily slapped together to me. Frankly, though, it's kind of hard to get excited by something that looks like one of Utah's lower-end massmarket products (Utah itself being a pretty low-tier brand) from the late 1960s.

View attachment 281673

Mentioned, yes. Does that mean we can't have a separate thread? There aren't many speakers doing the rounds with a 15" woofer, a 6" mid and two tweeters and I think they look interesting, especially if you love your retro styling. Certainly a stark contrast from all the piano gloss black around at the minute.
They're obviously designed to look like speakers from that era, but apart from being rectangular with a big woofer, there aren't many similarities really. They look a lot less cluttered and more symmetrical.

DBA ndreas

What I am not happy with is the double tweeters. But for the price they are interesting as a second pair in the garage. :)

Top Bottom