• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Elac DBR62 or Ravel M105

Saint12661

With an option of Elac at £500 or Ravel at £700 which would you favour please?

Honken

If Revels were that close in price where I live, I would not have gone with the DBRs. Here, the M105 would be four times the price of the DBR62.

With that said, I'm very happy with mine and they put a smile on my face daily. But, while they aren't bad looking the finish in person isn't excellent compared to say, Revels.

The DBRs do benefit from slight EQ. After testing many available in the DBR thread, I prefer the one by @Maiky76.

jonfitch

Revels have better aesthetics and elegance for sure. Sound quality wise it's probably just a little bit better. Main advantage of Elac is the front port, you don't have the plug the port if you are close to a wall. With the Revels you then give up a ton of bass and have a use a sub.

Top Bottom