• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

E30 Question

TechEnthusiast

Does the E30 benefit from plugging into an a/c adapter. If so which is acceptable...... iphone/galaxy one?

D

Deleted member 18309

The E30 manual says that power input is rated 5V/1A DC, so any plug with those ratings should work. I personally bought a random Amazon Basics charging plug, but I am sure some phone chargers fit the bill.

wasnotwasnotwas

The E30 manual says that power input is rated 5V/1A DC, so any plug with those ratings should work. I personally bought a random Amazon Basics charging plug, but I am sure some phone chargers fit the bill.

@TechEnthusiast just a note for you and anyone else reading but I'm sure you are aware, not all USB chargers are the same, some have far higher rating than 5v/1a. People that know far more than me say it should only draw what it needs, but on following the Soncoz QXD thread (which doesnt ship with powers supply either), there a number of reported failures and some fingers are pointing at power supplies. I would get your magnifying glass out and check the power output of any charger you use- those labels are awful to read!

D

Deleted member 18309

@TechEnthusiast just a note for you and anyone else reading but I'm sure you are aware, not all USB chargers are the same, some have far higher rating than 5v/1a. People that know far more than me say it should only draw what it needs, but on following the Soncoz QXD thread (which doesnt ship with powers supply either), there a number of reported failures and some fingers are pointing at power supplies. I would get your magnifying glass out and check the power output of any charger you use- those labels are awful to read!
Thanks, I realise after reading your post that maybe mine wasn't sufficiently clear. When I say "random" I mean I bought a random plug with 5V/1A rating. And when I said "some chargers fit the bill", I meant that those chargers are 5V/1A and should work. Thanks, I agree it is best to use a power plug with the correct rating.

wasnotwasnotwas

Thanks, I realise after reading your post that maybe mine wasn't sufficiently clear. When I say "random" I mean I bought a random plug with 5V/1A rating. And when I said "some chargers fit the bill", I meant that those chargers are 5V/1A and should work. Thanks, I agree it is best to use a power plug with the correct rating.

Your post was clear to me dont worry, just stressing the importance to other readers as you see examples on other threads of "well, I just used charger X and the DAC died"- I would imagine using one with too high a current might invalidate warranties. FWIW, I think they should ship with a wall wart to avoid exactly that issue- but that brings its own costs and complexities - region support being one.

OP
T

TechEnthusiast

I get the A/C part. Does the E30 benefit from the A/C connection? Or is the USB 2.0/3.0 fine?

Top Bottom