• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

E1DA Cosmos DAC: release rumors,

pickyAudiophile

Folks, guess I am not the only one in here waiting for the E1DA Cosmos DAC to be released - finally.
As life is short I start to ask myself if it's worth to keep on waiting for an indefinite amount of time.
- And there is that (growing) feeling of obstruction, since high hopes hinder me from looking elsewhere.
Join the discussion even if you just sympathize with me.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Folks, guess I am not the only one in here waiting for the E1DA Cosmos DAC to be released - finally.
As life is short I start to ask myself if it's worth to keep on waiting for an indefinite amount of time.
- And there is that (growing) feeling of obstruction, since high hopes hinder me from looking elsewhere.
Join the discussion even if you just sympathize with me.
What do you expect it to bring to the table that you can't get already?

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What do you expect it to bring to the table that you can't get already?
I suppose an output level of 10 V is quite rare, and maybe tweaking filters or distortion parameters if interested. For lower output levels, it seems other existing DACs have a lower noise floor. Cosmos DAC would also have a signal generator mode for emitting certain test signals with even less distortion.

Top Bottom