• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dyson "air purifying" headphones?!?!?!

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Still brilliant though.....great joke! :D

Liya

Obviously a joke!
Like most of their products!
I'm not sure.
We are using one of Dyson's vaccum cleaners 16 years now.
I have replaced motor once and some accessories, all bought original from Dyson website. In fact, they are still support 20 years old products. Can't say that about my loudspeaker manufacturer.

F

freemansteve

lucky!
Usually the plastic bits break, and spares are priced so that it's cheaper to buy new.
Look in any Tidy Tip in the the UK - they are packed with Dysons!

I'll stick with my Miele!

What speaker problems do you have that would need support?

Liya

lucky!
Usually the plastic bits break, and spares are priced so that it's cheaper to buy new.
Look in any Tidy Tip in the the UK - they are packed with Dysons!

I'll stick with my Miele!

What speaker problems do you have that would need support?
Not that I need support for my speakers, but if I would need it they wouldn't provide it.

We have Miele washing machine. Very reliable.

MKreroo

When "listen to clean music" is taken literally

Loathecliff

'What Fluff' are miffed that 'What Fi' will 'Linn it' first.
Be prepared for "Throw away your top end phones".

F

freemansteve

Yes! What-HiFi have probably already fired up their Automated Adjective Algorithm (TM) but then realized nobody was buying them lunch! :)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
That zombie guy in the Dyson video reminds me of the criminal who ends up in the toxic waste in the original Robocop movie.

1648642467329.png

robocop dude:
1648642742344.png

dlaloum

Major Contributor
If this pandemic is still rolling on late this year, when it is due out, I will happily buy one. perhaps several.

Loathecliff

At least with Dyson (afaik) there isn't a Hamish drinking himself to death after losing a court case (chronologically incorrect only) in which he claimed someone in a Glasgow machine shop (machining his TT bearing) stole the design.
Then again, the Condek did have the on/off switch in a different place. That's probably where Son-nics came from?
Years on, fortunes made, and the Wot HiFi connection still intrigues; on a slow karma day.

Last edited:

Tks

Major Contributor
Not joking, that thing would sell like crazy if they just called up the folks at Hypebeast for a pre-release exclusive. People would buy it on aesthetics alone.

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not joking, that thing would sell like crazy if they just called up the folks at Hypebeast for a pre-release exclusive. People would buy it on aesthetics alone.
Without a doubt!! They do look pretty cool if I'm honest....

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
As someone who used to ride the subway on a daily basis, wearing headphones all the while and remembering the odors that I encountered....well, I guess I don't think it's a stupid idea.

Top Bottom