• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Heritage Special

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Both drivers are behaving the same way. I'm going to swap out the speaker cables and see what happens. Tried the cd as well as Roon with the same outcome. Only with the first track and the first 10 seconds.

Do you have another amp to try? ;)

Lavawood

Forum Donor
It’s entirely possible there’s some subsonic stuff caught on the recording. I’m pretty sure your speakers are just doing what they’re told.

I’d be glad to evaluate them for a few months

PLB

It’s entirely possible there’s some subsonic stuff caught on the recording. I’m pretty sure your speakers are just doing what they’re told.

I think you might be right, although is anyone else experiencing this with this track?

PLB

Yep, I'll give that a try too.

Your right, just played the track with my LS50's and Hegel h190 with the same result. Should have tried that first before panicking.

PLB

Still odd Watchnerd didn't experience this, however he may not have used the same Tidal track.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Well, I'm hitting that level at double the distance (i.e. I'm listening louder).

Driver isn't even visibly moving unless I get really close and look at just the right angle.

Accuphase too wimpy! ;)
Maybe you can't see it moving because you're far from it ;)

Reactions: PLB

PLB

Pretty sure it’s just the track. But you might be used to the distortion the class D produces and can’t tell the difference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom