• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch&Dutch REW integration

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I realise here I am teaching my grandmother to suck eggs but I have been impressed with REW’s ‘EQ’ function, particularly with the 8C but I have been looking at my other speakers here and comparing the filters I set manually and with REW’s suggestions.

Keith

JDragon

This is what I get when following the D&D instructions for using REW. Any thoughts on ways to correct the valleys between 60-300 hz or best to leave it alone? I feel like I have a bit less energy in some of my music than I'd like, but not sure if it's just psychoacoustics knowing there's a big valley between 60-100 hz.

1634839809123.png

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Try the ‘bass’ tone control you can add a broad shelf and then lip off any peaks which are causing resonance.
Keith

JDragon

Try the ‘bass’ tone control you can add a broad shelf and then lip off any peaks which are causing resonance.
Keith
Thanks. Is that something in REW or using Bass and Sub in the Active Room Matching section of LanSpeaker + running REW again?

Top Bottom