• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Dutch&Dutch REW integration

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This feature works brilliantly. Here's a Harman target curve file that can be loaded into REW through the preferences screen.

Attachments

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The most interesting thing about this procedure from my perspective is how close the 8Cs are to the Harman target curve out of the box. In my system, the filters are not aggressive.

zswjy

have a same problem as my friends, both can't select the speaker but can control the 8c from the computer.
any idea how to fix this?
IMG_4624.jpg

It looks like there was an IPv6 fix in beta 59. On AV Nirvana some people were reporting difficulties using Macs but no issue with PC.
I have the same issue! With my MacOS Catalina, impossible to see the 8c's in REW. With Windows, sometimes it works but quite rarely. Beta 59 does not solve the issue.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
REW sees them from my machine with no problem. Are you running the most recent 8C firmware? Is your computer's firewall allowing REW to accept incoming connections?

REW sees them from my machine with no problem. Are you running the most recent 8C firmware? Is your computer's firewall allowing REW to accept incoming connections?
Yes, of course, I'm running version 1.4.57 of D&D firmware and I have the issue even if the firewall is disabled. My network is OK, I can ping the speakers and see them via lanspeaker.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, of course, I'm running version 1.4.57 of D&D firmware and I have the issue even if the firewall is disabled. My network is OK, I can ping the speakers and see them via lanspeaker.
Hmm I wonder if it is an REW/MacOS issue. I am running High Sierra on my REW machine.

If REW refuses to see the speakers, you can just type in the filters, which is a minor chore. This is what I did pre-1.4.57, so I can post instructions if needed.

Hmm I wonder if it is an REW/MacOS issue. I am running High Sierra on my REW machine.

If REW refuses to see the speakers, you can just type in the filters, which is a minor chore. This is what I did pre-1.4.57, so I can post instructions if needed.
Yes, that's what I do, manually type in the filters (I'm a long time REW user ;)). I do not think that is a MAC OS issue because it does not work well with Windosws 10.

I tried both Windows 10 and MacOS (High Sierra) - REW recognizes the speakers on both systems. REW took a bit longer on MacOS, with a restart of REW in between, but eventually recognized them.