• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Downsizing desktop office system

CMOT

I am going to downsize my office in the near future. I currently have the fun set up of a macmini->NuForce uDAC-2->Marantz 8b->Old B&W Bookshelf speakers. The marantz looks awesome glowing away next to the mini and my flat panel, but it is big and kind of wasted there. And realistically won't get used that much. So considering selling it (will post here for a reasonable price) and getting some powered desktop speakers.

Recommendations for something on the smaller side? Probably try to keep it $500 or less. I could probably get some Kef LSX's used for around that. What else would people recommend? KRKs? Adams? Edifier? AudioEngines? etc. I have looked through the reviews and I am bit confused. Just something on the order of the AudioEngine HD3 or 4 size wise. Again, going to need to make my desktop footprint much smaller!

thanks in advance.

-cmot

Top Bottom