• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Doubt with impedance and watts in Topping amplifier

NappyRob

I wanted to connect a Topping PA3s to some Whaderfale 12.0 speakers in such a way that the output power of the speaker was 37Wx2 @ 8 ohms, would it be enough with a standard stereo connection or would I have to connect it in another way?

4936722.jpg

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I wanted to connect a Topping PA3s to some Whaderfale 12.0 speakers in such a way that the output power of the speaker was 37Wx2 @ 8 ohms, would it be enough with a standard stereo connection or would I have to connect it in another way?

View attachment 161958
Connect it normally and it will work.

Output power is dependent on source (amp in this case) and load (speaker) impedance. Modern solid state amps all have very low impedance measured at the output. Speakers have wildly varying impedance which companies simplify to a single number in spec sheets.

The reason amp spec sheets provide different output power figures at different loads (4 ohm, 8 ohm) is so you'll have some idea of how they will realistically perform.

If unclear, please ask more questions.

Top Bottom